LegacyGT.com

Just placed my order!

Guest *Jedimaster*

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, it's not like we're all going to be in the same place at the same time. Get what color you like. If I had a dollar for every silver WRX wagon I saw... :lol: Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Hey, it's not like we're all going to be in the same place at the same time. Get what color you like. If I had a dollar for every silver WRX wagon I saw... :lol: Kevin[/quote] Yeah, you guys can get whatever color you like.... ...as long as it's not silver! :lol::lol: :|

I just want to see an Atlantic in person or at bare minimum, a good brocure shot. I think that color would work well with almost any color of wheel. It could look pretty syphisticated too from the color sample I saw in the dealer brocure. I hope the brocures show up at my dealership soon and I get to test one of the new OB 3.0Rs that are supposed to be coming in soon to get a slight feel (if even it's only an Auto H6. :))

Guest *Jedimaster*
I like the darker blue they have, but the wife hates blue, so silver it is. I have only seen one or two silver WRX wagons around here- most of them are either wrb or yellow.

I'm in...silver GT MT wagon, with subwoofer, cargo net, cargo tray and auto-dimming compass mirror. The end. FWIW, my dealer said the automatic climate doesn't work as well or as smoothly as he would like...he prefers the regular rotary setup. The GT will get the same stuff that's in the 2.5i. It looks very nice. Oops, I forgot to ask about that armrest extension. Does anyone know if that is standard on the GT/Limited trim line? Kevin

No clue about the armrest extension.. I am getting a price on: Silver GT LTD WAGON Security System Upgrade Short Throw Shifter STi Pedal Set Air Filtration Auto Dimming Compass Mirror Cargo Tray I will most likey ad some cargo nets and so on.. but that's basically it.

Okay, my order is officially in. Got a great deal, but my dealer couldn't find the armrest extension in any of his information, even though the brochure shows it, and the Outback at the Chicago auto show had it. So who knows? He's checking into it. For the curious, silver manual GT wagon, with cargo net, cargo tray, compass/mirror and subwoofer. My guy is thinking late-June early-July for the car, so I'll have to time the sale of my WRX wagon, to make sure that I'm not carless for too long. Kevin

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'm changing my order to a silver GT wagon Limited- couldn't take that ugly cloth interior- a different color, maybe. I'm going to get my options later on the web- subaruparts.com is already selling them at a discount- not everything is up yet, but I can wait.

[quote name='jedimaster']I'm changing my order to a silver GT wagon Limited- couldn't take that ugly cloth interior- a different color, maybe. I'm going to get my options later on the web- subaruparts.com is already selling them at a discount- not everything is up yet, but I can wait.[/quote] Just make sure you don't mistake the cloth on the base cars as being the same that comes on the GT, which gets a more subtle two-tone fabric, and different (more bolstered) seats. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Okay, my order is officially in. Got a great deal, but my dealer couldn't find the armrest extension in any of his information, even though the brochure shows it, and the Outback at the Chicago auto show had it. So who knows? He's checking into it. For the curious, silver manual GT wagon, with cargo net, cargo tray, compass/mirror and subwoofer. My guy is thinking late-June early-July for the car, so I'll have to time the sale of my WRX wagon, to make sure that I'm not carless for too long. Kevin[/quote] Glad to hear that you got a good deal. I am still waiting on pricing. I can't just stop by because they are hours away from me so I will have to conduct my business over the phone. Like I had said before, i will take $1000 over invoice in a second. If not I will have to haggle. I hope I don't have to since i am a repeat customer.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil'][quote name='gtguy']Okay, my order is officially in. Got a great deal, but my dealer couldn't find the armrest extension in any of his information, even though the brochure shows it, and the Outback at the Chicago auto show had it. So who knows? He's checking into it. For the curious, silver manual GT wagon, with cargo net, cargo tray, compass/mirror and subwoofer. My guy is thinking late-June early-July for the car, so I'll have to time the sale of my WRX wagon, to make sure that I'm not carless for too long. Kevin[/quote] Glad to hear that you got a good deal. I am still waiting on pricing. I can't just stop by because they are hours away from me so I will have to conduct my business over the phone. Like I had said before, i will take $1000 over invoice in a second. If not I will have to haggle. I hope I don't have to since i am a repeat customer.[/quote] If I can get $400 over invoice as a new customer, I think you can do the same or better as a repeat customer. :D

[quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='Dr. Zevil'][quote name='gtguy']Okay, my order is officially in. Got a great deal, but my dealer couldn't find the armrest extension in any of his information, even though the brochure shows it, and the Outback at the Chicago auto show had it. So who knows? He's checking into it. For the curious, silver manual GT wagon, with cargo net, cargo tray, compass/mirror and subwoofer. My guy is thinking late-June early-July for the car, so I'll have to time the sale of my WRX wagon, to make sure that I'm not carless for too long. Kevin[/quote] Glad to hear that you got a good deal. I am still waiting on pricing. I can't just stop by because they are hours away from me so I will have to conduct my business over the phone. Like I had said before, i will take $1000 over invoice in a second. If not I will have to haggle. I hope I don't have to since i am a repeat customer.[/quote] If I can get $400 over invoice as a new customer, I think you can do the same or better as a repeat customer. :D[/quote] Yeah, I am getting about what you got, just talked to him tonight. I am pleased with the offer. I will most vertainly take it. Now just some minor details to wrap up, like color finalization. :D

I spoke with my sales guy last week who was asking if I wanted to exercise my option (based on the $1000 deposit they've been holding for over a year) to get first choice of the GTs when they arrive. However he asked how my '97 GT is running and whether I could live with it for a while longer. He said I'd be kicking myself in a while if I jumped at a GT now instead of waiting for what is coming. :o We've had long talks about what I'm looking for in a car, and he knows I'm enthusiastic about autocross (when I have the time -- so far no time this year :( ). He tells me that what is coming is pretty much my dream car and that as good as the GT is (and it IS good!) that I'd be unhappy when I see the "Big Boy". So, my '97 GT is running well, although it might finally be time for a new clutch. So I think I'll wait.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']Keep waitng then. Everyone else will be driving. :P[/quote] And I'll keep on driving my (slightly modded) '97 GT, which isn't a bad car at all. OK, I admit I'll be jealous whenever I see an '05 fading in the distance ahead of me, but that will change eventually. Another personal advantage in waiting a bit: all this work I'm doing should let me pay cash for the car (even if the "Big Boy" comes in at the mid-30's), even after paying off my home equity LOC! :-)

Archived