LegacyGT.com

Just placed my order!

Guest *Jedimaster*

Guest *Jedimaster*
I just got back from my local Subaru dealer- the salesman called and told me he had a brochure for me. So while I'm there, they had the main SOA rep for the Northeast in the office. Long story short, I placed an order for a 2.5 GT wagon in silver. Didn't go for the Limited though- wife wanted me to get the sunroof, but didn't like the leather. A small refundable deposit and my car will be ready in either Late June or late July. I'm psyched! Now all I have to do is sell my stage 2 WRX wagon [img]http://illfindsomethingtoputhere.com/funforum/images/smilies/Sing.gif[/img]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll drink to that. You ordered exactly the car I'll be getting, '03 WRX Wagon to sell or trade also, I wonder if we'll see like mini flood of WRX's up for sale sometime soon?

Guest *Jedimaster*
Probably. Mine's an 02- they were practically begging me to trade it instead of sell it. They have a ton of used WRX's on their lot.

They like bugeye wagons for the increased saleability. The '04s look silly to grownups, who prefer the more sedate-looking bugeyed car, hence the trade-in solicitation. My dealer would love for me to trade my wagon in also, but I'm selling it. Kevin

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'd trade it if they'd give me over 17,500 for it- but I'm hoping to get 19. Is that overly optimistic?

[quote name='jedimaster']I'd trade it if they'd give me over 17,500 for it- but I'm hoping to get 19. Is that overly optimistic?[/quote] That is optimistic, indeed. You might be able to sell it yourself for $18, but $19 for an '02 is pushing it. People are buying '04s for $21-$22K these days. Kevin

Dealer just called this morning and said they'll have a couple (non-GTs in within the next couple weeks.) They'll be dropping off my brocure when they get them too. Will probably order my car for a July delivery on friday. I'm hoping to be able to sell my car instead of trade it in.

Guest *Jedimaster*
WEnt to see the dealer tonight and they started waffling on the price- it was supposed to be them matching my price from another dealer at 25031, now they want to see a copy of the e-mail and start saying how they don't have their prices for the 05's yet. Good thing the deposit is refundable. Just in case, I e-mailed every dealer in NY state. Yes, I don't have much of a life outside of work :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yup- they offered me the 25031 quote. I got an e-mail from some rude guy in Yonkers who obviously isn't concerned with making a sale and another in upstate NY willing to beat the 25031. I hate dealers, so it's kind of fun watching them take pokes at one another.

Guest *Jedimaster*
OK- so I gave my local dealer a copy of the e-mailed offers I got- one of which was 1000 below my 25031 price. He was like WTF? So I got him to agree on a price and he tells me he'll put it in writing, but that there's a chance it will be more expensive when it arrives. I told him what he writes is what I'll pay or I walk. He tells me he has a stack of window stickers that Subaru made with the wrong price on them. I'm gonna talk to the owner next week and get his word. I really hate car dealers. Buncha cockknockers.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I don't follow- you're saying I'm gonna have a hard time with the dealer? I love a good fight, so be it. There are lots of Subaru dealers anyway.

Alright, got the paperwork going this morning. Order goes in towards end of the month. About 6 weeks from that time will be delivery. Right about my desired pickup timeframe. :cool:

[quote name='Th3Franz']I just ordered mine this morning. 5-speed manual garnet red pearl GT sedan. The only option I wanted was the metal pedals. Total for everything including tax, etc. will be $26,412. It could be over a month before it arrives, though.[/quote] Where did you order from? (listening patiently) :D

Archived