LegacyGT.com

Just placed my order!

Guest *Jedimaster*

[quote name='waflowers'][quote name='Drift Monkey']Keep waitng then. Everyone else will be driving. :P[/quote] And I'll keep on driving my (slightly modded) '97 GT, which isn't a bad car at all. OK, I admit I'll be jealous whenever I see an '05 fading in the distance ahead of me, but that will change eventually. Another personal advantage in waiting a bit: all this work I'm doing should let me pay cash for the car (even if the "Big Boy" comes in at the mid-30's), even after paying off my home equity LOC! :-)[/quote] Sounds like you're better off waiting, then. I'll be curious to see what happens. I would also be surprised if Subaru did something sooner than a year or so, to keep from complicating things for buyers, after having just introduced the new car. It's also weird that magazines and websites, who are usually so up on such things, are so in the dark compared to Mastro. When and if the rumored performance Legacy does come, I'll be sure to wave at them from my silver GT wagon. :D I'd also wonder if Subaru is planning to stack stuff such as leather, sunroof, nav, etc onto the "Big Boy." It's all going to be interesting, but such a halo car for the Legacy lineup could be all part of Subaru's "re-branding" strategy. Kevin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='waflowers']And I'll keep on driving my (slightly modded) '97 GT, which isn't a bad car at all. OK, I admit I'll be jealous whenever I see an '05 fading in the distance ahead of me, but that will change eventually. Another personal advantage in waiting a bit: all this work I'm doing should let me pay cash for the car (even if the "Big Boy" comes in at the mid-30's), even after paying off my home equity LOC! :-)[/quote] I was j/k anyway. :P Do whats best for your financial situation. If you can afford it, go for it. If not, wait. It's simple really.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Hmm- IMO, these cars are expensive enough- I'm not waiting for a new model that costs even more. Then again, I'm a cheap bastid! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest *Jedimaster*
Yeeeee-haw!!1 Just got back from teh dealer and got the price I wanted, an excellent trade in and the new Legacy GT Wagon Limited will be mine in 2-6 weeks!!

Guest *Jedimaster*
Ahahaha- you have your own terminology now! I actually changed the order this morning to the Outback XT Limited because I want the ride height/ fender flares. I'll still have the electroluminescent gauges though, but I'll have to trade the crappy wood interior pieces for standard Legacy fare.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']What does ride height have to do with dragging me?[/quote] That's a good question.. maybe he is planing on pulling a good fella's on you :lol: By the way, congrats on the order. I know you will love your outback.. there were more than a couple of us that were thinking about going down that path! What color did you opt for? RED?!?! ;)

Guest *Jedimaster*
I went with the silver/darker silver on the bottom. I'm not a fan of red and the only other color I'd want is black- but no more black cars- too hard to keep clean- my last 3 cars were black- I guess you do go back once you go black :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
Yeah- but most cars do look great in black. The only car I've owned that didn't look good in black was my GTP- that car had a lot of nice lines and the dark color hid them.

Archived