LegacyGT.com

Gauging Interest - RCE Lowering Camber Plates for Legacy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Prototypes are done and we should have them in 1 week.

Camber adjustment will be limited with OEM dampers to the inside of the body of the car. On the Impreza, most can get about -2.5-ish on OEM struts. With coilovers -3.0 PLUS will be easy.

Nothing for the rear yet..but with our development of 08 STi parts, it wont be long.

Myles

so are the front camber plates out yet? :spin:

OMG!! how in the heck did I miss this one!

Myles, I had asked you a couple of months ago and you did mention that it would be a ....couple of months. Way to go!!

I'm in for a pair but question...why the decision to not produce the non-lowering plates? Suppose it's the usual $ thing.

I have your T1's and I'm curious to the changes the additional height propose. I understand I'll dial the ride height back down but I don't understand if there is any possible negative benefit for doing so.

Andrew

(Ryans Uncle)

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Any thoughts to making a set of longer coilovers + these hats F&R to solve (or improve) the Legacy suspension travel limitations?

Well the Kw's have 164mm of stroke which is ALOT more than the others on the market, so thats NOT an issue. The real issue is that many decide to slam their cars. So the lowering plates will help people to run higher heights with good coilovers and or us to produce springs that have good rates.

Mw

OMG!! how in the heck did I miss this one!

Myles, I had asked you a couple of months ago and you did mention that it would be a ....couple of months. Way to go!!

I'm in for a pair but question...why the decision to not produce the non-lowering plates? Suppose it's the usual $ thing.

I have your T1's and I'm curious to the changes the additional height propose. I understand I'll dial the ride height back down but I don't understand if there is any possible negative benefit for doing so.

Andrew

(Ryans Uncle)

We will be testing BOTH plates with the Legacy and the 08 STI very soon.

Well if I were have a suspension road test day and blind fold people they would all begin to see and understand that travel=comfort/funtionality. Having the ability to absorb bumps mid corner and or real world pot holes and or large dips with 4 passengers and full tank and or all that WITH luggage in the trunk.

So the T1's have this ability, if someone chooses the right height that Riot chose. The other heights are fine, because there is still TONS of travel.

Most of the JDM coilovers are travel challenged but use the adjustable collar to compensate, but in the end, it equals alot less travel.

Myles

Cool, so...granted I am using your reccomended height settings for the KW's now;

I'm better off with lowering plates and adjusting the coilovers back down an equal amount that the plates raised opposed to waiting for non-lowering plates?

Put me down for a set and let me know when the're ready =]

^ So you would put these on, and your car would at first be 3/8th of an inch lower.

You could then raise your coilovers back up to where you were before, and you would then have 3/8th of an inch more travel then you did before, and all the good things that brings you :).

If you need extreme amounts of camber, you can get a little more with our non-lowering plates.

- Andrew

Sorry, I wasn't thinking...I had it backwards.

Can you quantify extreme? I'm really curious as to what #'s you are seeing on the LGT's.

Consider most STI's get -.9 barely with stock bolts then consider most LGT's get -1.5 with stock bolts. So -3.0 will be EASY with these plates. That range is something only track day guys and autocrosssers need. For the street, most will be happy with -1.5--2.0..unless you are trying to fit some extreme wheel under the car in which you would limited by the rear anyway....lol.

So for many this will be for lowering the front without sacrificing travel which most on stock suspension or Bilsteins with lowering springs know is very limited.

Myles

Rotated 120 degrees, these could provide some caster as well as camber, correct?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well yes now that we are back on track with production of our plates for the 08 STI, ( Legacy and 08 STI will share plates). We expect them to lower the front 3/8inch.

Camber adjustment only, no caster. The Legacy isnt caster challenged like the older Impreza. I have 6.0 on my Spec-B. 02-07 WRX and STI owners jump thru hurdles to get that much with an ALK, swapping sides for camber plates and doing all the tricks.

Myles

• 1 month later...

Archived