LegacyGT.com

[NEED HELP] Towing company damaged my car

What about those student legal services offered by students at law schools? Not sure if they take this sorta thing on tho...

They offer advice, yes. However, they will not go to court and represent someone for free. :) No one does that except for pro bono work done by major law firms for in need people, tort laywers who think they'll get a big payout from a massive lawsuit, or public defenders in criminal cases.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've gathered so far, your insurance company doesn't seem to have really gone out of their way to help you. Are you just talking on the phone with the office staff or have you shown up at their place of business and talked directly with the agent? It's harder to brush you off when you are right there in their face. They are supposed to be working for and representing you, their customer.

Since this was a shared residential and business parking garage it can reasonably be assumed that there would be guests of the residents parking there. Was there any signage outside or within the parking facility that stated guests need to display a guest pass or are restricted to only slots labeled as guest parking? The reserved business spot had no indication that it was restricted.

Whether you were towed legally or illegally there was significant damage done to your car and this needs to be pursued by your insurance company. If they seem to be dragging their feet then take it to the next level, the regional or national office. This is a comprehensive coverage claim, not a collision claim. Would your insurance company be so reluctant to take action if the car was vandalized while parked there? Make your insurance company cover the damages, then go to small claims court to recoup from the towing company your deductible and any damages not allowed by your insurance company as the tower was negligent, plus any towing/storage fees unless they can prove you were legally subject to being towed in the first place.

Hope he collects from the insurance company.

Even if the judgement goes against the towing company in small claims court, he might be able to make a career out of chasing them for the money. At least with the insurance, its not his problem anymore.

those fuckers called and left me a message

telling me to give them a call back

however, they are not answering my phone

WTF?

anyways, my witnesses from chiropractic office called me today

explained what happened and stuff

aren't they suppose to give her some paper work to sign?

she said she didn't get any paperwork that she needs to sign this time..

hmm...

isnt that illegal?

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

those fuckers called and left me a message

telling me to give them a call back

however, they are not answering my phone

WTF?

Call from a different phone. They may be ignoring the call based upon caller ID.

Or they may be busy or out to lunch.

team23, you need to explain your posts better. :lol: Who talked to your chiropractor? What the hell are you talking about? :lol: What paperwork are you thinking she needs to sign? Most of the time, it is a recorded phone call where you verify you are who you say you are. The insurance company takes your story, does it all over the phone, and uses the verifcation of the recording as a way to certify your ID. :) So calm down, and explain EXACTLY what happened. :D
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

just talked to the insurance claimer from the towing company

"we are denying that we damaged your car. we'll see you @ the court"

wtf?

so i just called my insurance and made a claim

we'll see how it goes

my insurance better cover my jdm spec b bumper

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

team23, you need to explain your posts better. :lol: Who talked to your chiropractor? What the hell are you talking about? :lol: What paperwork are you thinking she needs to sign? Most of the time, it is a recorded phone call where you verify you are who you say you are. The insurance company takes your story, does it all over the phone, and uses the verifcation of the recording as a way to certify your ID. :) So calm down, and explain EXACTLY what happened. :D

:munch:

I talked to the chiropractor.

Both of chiropractors are willing to help me out.

They usually sign a paper that says they called in for a tow and blah blah blah

yeah i was very calm when I talked to my insurance

as soon as i hung up, i was saw a FINE LADAY

i was like booooooty booooty boooty boooty rockin everywhere :lol::wub::p

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

I talked to the chiropractor.

Both of chiropractors are willing to help me out.

They usually sign a paper that says they called in for a tow and blah blah blah

yeah i was very calm when I talked to my insurance

I want to hear more about this, but drunken posts aren't helping you!:lol:

(This looks like a Hanger post to me....)

I want to hear more about this, but drunken posts aren't helping you!:lol:

(This looks like a Hanger post to me....)

hahahahaha :lol:

i'm going to bodyshop tomorrow to get an estimate!

i'll let you guys know!

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

:lol: Ahhhhh, waiting for summer time. ;)

bodyshop appraised my car for $1200

For some reason, this claim is under "collision-no fault"

thus i have to pay $1000 deductible..WTF

my suspension is making hella weird noises and such...

looks like even if my insurance wins, they are only going to return $1000 to me

but they said something like "it's hard to win the case against the towing company"

also I got a letter from the towing company sayin that

after their in-house investgation (interviewing the driver and looking at the damaged pics of my car), they are denying that they did the damage...

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

also I got a letter from the towing company sayin that

after their in-house investgation (interviewing the driver and looking at the damaged pics of my car), they are denying that they did the damage...

what a load of crap that is. tow companys just dont care those bastards

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Dude that is total BS. The towing company clearly F'd up your car and now they are play rtard so they can get out of paying. Thats just lame.

If I where you I'd file a complaint with the BBB and then get a lawyer (your own) plus your insurance company to go after the bastards.

His own insurance company won't go after them - their exposure is only $200.

The tow company is telling you to f-off becuase they know that you will. Prove them wrong - go to small claims court.

Dude that is total BS. The towing company clearly F'd up your car and now they are play rtard so they can get out of paying. Thats just lame.

If I where you I'd file a complaint with the BBB and then get a lawyer (your own) plus your insurance company to go after the bastards.

how do i file a complaint with the BBB?

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Archived