LegacyGT.com

Falken Azenis st615 owners

onesillyracer

What type are mileage are you getting out of a set of the falken azenis st615s? Believe I read they are good for around 30k

I drive like 5k a year, all city, and 4 months on snows - so, I'm not a good person to ask for mileage. However, I think 30k miles would be very ambitious. I wouldn't expect more than 15k before tossing them.

You can stretch them out to 30K with no autocross events, track days, etc. If you autox or track several times a year, think more like 15K to 20K.

Cool. I'm probably going to order these too. Any thoughts on the Kuhmo Ecsta MX in comparison?

They are wonderful, soft tires. Drive through a parking lot and they'll pick up every pebble, grain of sand, or flower petal.

I am on my first set, and I'd be amazed if I get more than 15k out of them, but I tend to be hard on my tires. The grip they offer is awesome, and worth it.

Cool. I'm probably going to order these too. Any thoughts on the Kuhmo Ecsta MX in comparison?

I had MX's on my LGT for two summers and now I am on to 615's. The 615's have much stiffer sidewalls and a firmer ride, and also perform better(turn in, grip, and they slide very consistantly at the limit IMO) If you do track days they will get greasy when you get then heated up. The MX's have been out for several years and are growing old, Kumho's soon to be released Ecsta XS should be a better competitor to the 615 than the MX.

I just got mine put on too - about 300 miles ago. I like everything about the tire except - tire noise. But I'm slowly getting used to it!

And like the previous poster said - they pick up alot of pebbles. I think I need to get a set of spats to protect the paint.

I bought mine about a year ago, but I don't use them in the winter. I would say they have maybe 15-17k on them total. No autox, just backroads spirited driving, and the normal everyday driving. They are still useable at this point but I will be lucky if they finish out this summer.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Archived