LegacyGT.com

Cobb intake / air box?

NSFW

After installing the cobb intake my car will occasionally cut the fuel off when I get into it pretty hard. Currently I’m running stage 1. I was wondering if there is anything I could do.

I think your MAF sensor tables need to be rescaled. its thinking your maxing out air flow, you hit the peak voltage. basically sucking more air than the stock intake would.

you can order a tune online from TA or PDX if you're using an AP and load it onto your AP and then to your car. I think they're $75 from TA, dunno the price from PDX

• 2 weeks later...

Few more questions for those of you running this intake. How loud is it (air sucking noise)? My Injen CAI on my 99' SF5 was really LOUD, and don't want anything that screams the way that did :lol:. I see the BPV is more audible (by alot?), how much more audible is the turbo spool? Those who got tuned to compensate for the changes with the intake, what gains did you see?

If there's anyone who could make a soundclip with this intake on an otherwise stock or mostly stock Leggy, that would be awesome :wub:.

Few more questions for those of you running this intake. How loud is it (air sucking noise)? My Injen CAI on my 99' SF5 was really LOUD, and don't want anything that screams the way that did :lol:. I see the BPV is more audible (by alot?), how much more audible is the turbo spool? Those who got tuned to compensate for the changes with the intake, what gains did you see?

If there's anyone who could make a soundclip with this intake on an otherwise stock or mostly stock Leggy, that would be awesome :wub:.

:spin:

One last question, is the filter element used on the Cobb intake oiled or non-oiled?

• 2 weeks later...

holy crap, I'm talking to myself in here. Is nobody running this intake/airbox set up?

I found this clip on youtube of an 07' STI with a cobb intake:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvSia4kKlUA]YouTube - STI Cobb Intake[/ame]

How does this compare to how it sounds on the legacy? I thought I read the legacy Cobb intake is a little more tame than the impreza version.

holy crap, I'm talking to myself in here. Is nobody running this intake/airbox set up?

I found this clip on youtube of an 07' STI with a cobb intake:

How does this compare to how it sounds on the legacy? I thought I read the legacy Cobb intake is a little more tame than the impreza version.

yes, yes you are :lol:

j/k!

id love to know if it actually adds performance?

search the exhaust forum for posts by SodaPopinski posting video sound clips of his Cobb TBE....he has the cobb intake/airbox on and you can get an idea of what it sounds like from inside the cabin.

edit: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95939 ....theres one vid in the first post and at least 2 more if you scroll down.

thanks, I've seen that vid, but you hear more exhaust than anything else on it. I searched a bit more and looks like the intake isn't as subtle as I had expected/heard. I'm gonna stick with my stock system and AVO panel filter for a good while.

I like the design of this intake/box, especially the fact it uses the stock intake snorkel, and the MAF scale is supposedly not thrown off to any major degree. Like lucas569, I'm also interested to see some real performance data (IAT's, MAF scaling differences, HP/TQ changes after tune) for this system.

• 3 weeks later...

According to this thread over on nasioc the intake does add power when tuned (STi tuned before and after intake install). Picture of dyno plots are further in the thread.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1523363&highlight=cobb+intake

I'm seriously pondering picking one of these up, just trying to make up my mind.

Archived