LegacyGT.com

Cobb intake / air box?

NSFW

Yes, I got one and installed it, here are the pics......

COBBcai1.thumb.jpg.0ebd6a196b8b17e43e9f841b8f9d01ea.jpg

COBBcai2.thumb.jpg.4eb638e3e95cff1fe2cf83747b94beef.jpg

COBBcai3.thumb.jpg.dc92bc044b9abd7f59bef87833127815.jpg

Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

no problem, let me know if you need more for your FMIC question...
Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

i would still liek to see some data logging before with a stock air box and after with the COBB. MAF readings etc...

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

I like the increased sounds, and the looks of it. It can't make too much of a difference, maybe 1-2 hp, if that. I am now running a st. 1 cobb 91 octane map, I have not gone to my summer stage 2 setup yet, soon, very soon. I have summer wheels and i bump the tune to st. 2 93 octane. The intake is very new so i am planning on a custom tune this summer to maximize the results. CAC

i don't mind the sound, some folks(my wife) find it annoying, just another reason she has not to drive my car! I had the SPT intake previously, the COBB one seems a bit more quiet.

Yes, I got one and installed it, here are the pics......

Man I'm loving this setup. Does anyone know if it will fit an 08' Outback xt? I emailed cobb but haven't heard back yet. My only concern is that it says 05-07 on all the descriptions. I'm thinking either this setup or a perrin afta maf hose and avo drop in filter.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any more news on these?? I am looking at geting one myself..

I wonder if we can use them after changing turbos? or do we run a straight pipe and cone of the compressor after changing from stock suby turbos to something like garret or other not suby line stuff?

TIA,

Anthony

Praedet,

Thanks I think I will be ordering one.

Does anyone know if we could continue using this if we change turbos?

TIA,

Anthony

*edit* It is to bad we cant order this intake with a black silicone hose connector. Also didnt mean to ask the same turbo question twice.

Praedet,

Thanks I think I will be ordering one.

Does anyone know if we could continue using this if we change turbos?

TIA,

Anthony

*edit* It is to bad we cant order this intake with a black silicone hose connector. Also didnt mean to ask the same turbo question twice.

Speaking of, if you already have a intake connector, such as one from Zerosports, you will not be able to use it w/the intake system (angle is different).

I just installed mine, can't really say I feel a big different in power. You definately can hear the air sucking noise when the throttle is hit medium hard, and when letting off the gas there is a "flutter" noise which I'm assuming is coming from the wastegate. Anyway, plan on getting my car tuned soon so....

• 4 weeks later...
I have one and have tuned for it. You would be all right running it w/o a tune, but to get it perfect, a tune helps ;) (then again, the stock scale is off too :lol:)

It has much better IATs than the AVO intake...

I wonder how the IATs will compare to the AVO intake now that AVO has released an air box too.

But, the AVO allows more air flow...

Probably, but at stage 2 I doubt were pushing enough air to take advantage of any increase in max flow versus a stock intake. However, I'd love to be shown evidence to the contrary. Got any comparitive logs?

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

yes, it is not quite as loud as with the SPT intake, but still quite noticeable. It is loud enough to make passengers ask what that sound is. I likey likey.

Archived