LegacyGT.com

FP Green on a GT???

I have an 05 STI, and was thinking about switching over to the GT. Its a bit roomier, much nicer inside, and the looks dont SCREAM LOOK AT ME!! A bit more subtle which I like.

I was just about ready to do the FP Green, FMIC, up-pipe, DP, TBE, Fuel Rails, Fuel Injectors, UTEC, Perrin Short Ram, and Excedy clutch.

Will all of these items still fit on the GT???

If not, which ones will not ?? Would the FP Green be too MUCH turbo for this car?? Would a bit smaller turbo that comes on to boost sooner be a better choice??

How bout the FMIC?? Or would you try and stick to the TMIC, or at least put on the STI TMIC??

Thanks for any input!!!! :cool:

No problem.

I like the STI, but I am 6'5" and have 3 kids. So its pretty tight in the back because my seat is all the way back.

Not sure what they mean about it being harsh for daily driving. I also have a Corvette Z06, maybe after driving that the Subaru seems soft :D

But the STI drives nice, a little bumpy not too bad. I had the B-quiet sound dampening material put in it. That really made a HUGE difference in road noise. But its fun to blow people away. My buddy just bought a new C6, and we raced 3 times, I beat him by 3-5 car lengths each time we raced. He was pretty pissed. Said he was going to start modding his C6 right away. I said no problem, at that time i was already in the FP Green planning stages.

Thanks for the info. What is the B-quiet sound dampening material? Is that a dealer option or something you had done else where? I have yet to drive an STI - have driven a few WRXs. My biggest problem is the awful hollow sound - as if the car is really cheaply build - body wise. I too do not like the boy racer look in particular but you can argue with the power and handling it brings to the table...

Jeff

My buddy just bought a new C6, and we raced 3 times, I beat him by 3-5 car lengths each time we raced.

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but either he wasn't getting full on it or he sucks as a driver. He should SMOKE you.

400hp/400tq and 3200lbs > STi ;)

Thanks for the info. What is the B-quiet sound dampening material? Is that a dealer option or something you had done else where? I have yet to drive an STI - have driven a few WRXs. My biggest problem is the awful hollow sound - as if the car is really cheaply build - body wise. I too do not like the boy racer look in particular but you can argue with the power and handling it brings to the table...

Jeff

Everything you wanted to know about "B-Quiet" sound attenuation/deadening. Very similar in effect to Dynamat at less cost.

http://b-quiet.com/index.html

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I was just about ready to do the FP Green, FMIC, up-pipe, DP, TBE, Fuel Rails, Fuel Injectors, UTEC, Perrin Short Ram, and Excedy clutch.

Will all of these items still fit on the GT???

If not, which ones will not ?? Would the FP Green be too MUCH turbo for this car?? Would a bit smaller turbo that comes on to boost sooner be a better choice??

How bout the FMIC?? Or would you try and stick to the TMIC, or at least put on the STI TMIC??

Thanks for any input!!!! :cool:

I'll give a stab at this. Everything should work just fine. You'll have just a lil' bit of fabrication needed to make your TBE/DP fit. As for the FMIC, early adopters usually pay for being guinea pigs. This is were you'll encounter problems since the ducting will most likely be different. An STi TMIC and intake manifold will be easier, especially since you'll be tearing up your engine bay anyways and not your bumper. The green sure would like a FMIC, but that will be hard. Got fab skills?

That Perrin intake, imho, I'd skip. I've never been a fan of hot air intakes, aka HAI's! Unless you can make a maf trap, that thing will be sucking hot air.

Maf trap -->http://www.lindseyracing.com/pics/maftrap1.jpg

Check this thread out, someone just changed out a ton of stuff on their GT.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6528

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but either he wasn't getting full on it or he sucks as a driver. He should SMOKE you.

400hp/400tq and 3200lbs > STi ;)

On paper it looks like the C6 should win, but that is why you run the race. You have to remember he cant put 100% of his power down 100% of the time. If he tries he will break loose the rear end.

On the STI you can give it 100% throttle 100% of the time without loosing traction.

I forgot to mention, I am in Colorado at over 7000ft of elevation. The C6 loses about 20% of its power due to the altitude. So that drops him down to 320HP, I have a DP, and TBE exhaust so I should be around 320-330hp. He also had one passenger with him adding another say 180lbs. The STI out of the hole is untouchable, plus the STI is so much easier to drive fast and hard.

I also have a C5 Z06 so I know how much better of a driver you have to be in the Vettes. You really have to be focused on each clutch in clutch out, each shift and keeping constant control on your GO pedal so as not too much power and you break the rear end loose.

I let buddies of mine race each other in my cars. In my Z06, when I am driving I will pull the STI by about 1-2 car lengths by the time I am in 2nd gear, and then another 3-4 car lengths by the time I hit third and then I just pull away powering thru into 4th. Oh yeah my Z06 is SC too, and runs a 12.0 @118MPH at PMI which is about 5000ft above sea level.

There seems to be a lot of misinformaiton in this thread :lol:

The Intake manifold of the GT is different than the STi so you would need to either completely re-work the pipe coming back from the FMIC (Assuming that you could get the rest to fit) or swap to a STi intake manifold.

The short block (and I believe the heads as well) is the same as the STi so if the allmighty FP Green is not too much for the STi then it is not to much for the Legacy.

Have fun!

Geeee......sound dampening in STI......SC Z06.......STI faster than C6....you and your buddy really don't know and don't appreciate cars.......

stop ruining them......

dont know or appreciate cars??? :rolleyes:

Just because I wanted to make my Z06 faster especially up here at 7000ft above sea level I dont appreciate it???

sound deadening an STI, makes me not appreciate it?? It actually makes me appreciate it more, because now my drive is more enjoyable.

I guess doing the DP, and TBE makes me not know or appreciate the STI either?? So I guess I have to leave everything STOCK because then and only then do you KNOW and APPRECIATE cars. :argue:

Normal Up-pipes work. Teh stock downpipe is a niifty new length and so needs a new downpipe to be made if it will split the exhaust at the same place as stock. If you were making a TBE that is sold only as a TBE a off the shelf DP will most likely work depending on its design and construction.

whoopwhoop don't listen to some of the ignorant folk on this board. I have both an '05 STi and an '05 LGT. I too put sound deadening in my Stg 2 STi. I guess I don't appreciate my car either. Dangit, I hate when I don't appreciate my cars. We just put my wife's LGT to Stg 2 and that thing's fast (as fast as my STi was stock!) All I can say is I'd be awfully upset if I had to sell either of them. But at Stg 2 the LGT is now tolerable to me. Before, coming from a Stg 2 STi, I'd get into the Legacy and it'd feel slow. I can remember when the LGT was stock and blew me away with power!

Anyways, the LGT is not a bad car to be stuck with if you've gotta make room for kiddies. Just make sure you put Stg 2 or better on it.

I went COBB AP Stg 2 91 (Colorado Gas) $650

Autospeed UpPipe $250 (cheaper ones out there)

Perrin DP $375 (first DP specific to the LGT)

Basically $1100 will get you a LOT more GO. Good luck!

whoopwhoop don't listen to some of the ignorant folk on this board. I have both an '05 STi and an '05 LGT. I too put sound deadening in my Stg 2 STi. I guess I don't appreciate my car either. Dangit, I hate when I don't appreciate my cars. We just put my wife's LGT to Stg 2 and that thing's fast (as fast as my STi was stock!) All I can say is I'd be awfully upset if I had to sell either of them. But at Stg 2 the LGT is now tolerable to me. Before, coming from a Stg 2 STi, I'd get into the Legacy and it'd feel slow. I can remember when the LGT was stock and blew me away with power!

Anyways, the LGT is not a bad car to be stuck with if you've gotta make room for kiddies. Just make sure you put Stg 2 or better on it.

I went COBB AP Stg 2 91 (Colorado Gas) $650

Autospeed UpPipe $250 (cheaper ones out there)

Perrin DP $375 (first DP specific to the LGT)

Basically $1100 will get you a LOT more GO. Good luck!

Thanks very cool. Yeah the posts by some people are just crazy. :D

I also notice that you too are in the Springs. If you guys ever do stuff give me PM would love to go driving!!!! Would like to see your STI and your wifes Legacy.

Archived