LegacyGT.com

Sold the Legacy and got an Aura XR

I had a 2006 Legacy Speical Edition that I bought new and sold last wk on craigslist. Car has 23K miles and never let me down, was in the shop, etc.

Sold it to get an Aura XR with 2,000 miles. Reason for selling is I wanted something a bit bigger but with all the little things my Legacy was lacking like 6 disc CD, heated seats, XM radio, auto headlamps, incredible stereo, and the extra power over my NA Legacy is the icing on the cake.

I know the Legacy GT offers some of the things my car was lacking but I really didn't want a trubo motor (premium gas) plus I needed the extra room.

I really liked my Legacy and it was a great, reliable car. Hoping the Aura follows suit.

Yep, the XR has the 3.6 motor with 6 speed automatic. Same combo as in the 2007 and newer base Caddy CTS.

Coming from my NA Legacy to this motor is like night & day. Aura has really good power. Car & Driver clocked the car at 5.9 0-60 with a 14.50 1/4 mile.

Still miss the vault like feeling of the Legacy but the Aura is a nice car. Even the guy at the oil change place was like...damn that car is rolling on 18's...:)

I read this post thinking you bought an ACURA XR, and then I lashed myself for not knowing about the newest Acura to show up!

Now I know, Saturn Aura. I hear it's a very well built sedan!

The Aura XR looks like a nice package, I'd consider it if my LGT were somehow ripped from my grasp and I didn't need a wagon anymore... but the beastie's kennel doesn't fit well in the back seat of most sedans.

I test drove a new 3.0R at the local Subie dealer. It's a nice car but power wise it still wasn't close to the Aura XR but the biggest issue was the size. I have two car seats in the backseat and it was just getting to be too tight in the Legacy.

I'll post up some pics.

I'm assuming with 2k miles you bought a demo? If so, good call, I'd never recommend someone buy a GM car new as the 1st year depreciation is so steep. They are, however, tremendous used car values for the same reason.

Curious if you looked at the new Malibu as well as I'm wondering how much differentiation GM made with interior quality, etc. between the otherwise similar cars.

I'm assuming with 2k miles you bought a demo? If so, good call, I'd never recommend someone buy a GM car new as the 1st year depreciation is so steep. They are, however, tremendous used car values for the same reason.

Curious if you looked at the new Malibu as well as I'm wondering how much differentiation GM made with interior quality, etc. between the otherwise similar cars.

All cars 1st year dep. is a hit to the wallet. He bought it because it fit his needs and he liked it. IMO, thats all that counts:)

I think they are georgous, nice choice for the 3.6 too!

The car was a one owner FL car owned by an eldery couple who were no longer able to drive hence the low miles.

Yes, they took a hit since Saturn doesn't dicker on price aside from a $2,000 cash rebate. Car stickered for just over 28K and I got the car for $20,200 which to me seemed like a great deal.

The Aura XR's are VERY nice.

Me and my family rented one when on vacation and we were all super impressed (My rents drive a 2003 Camry XLE, loaded, and my sister is always driving different rentals). It had the 3.6, cd changer, auixlary input for Ipod, leather, sunroof, alloys, dual temp heated seats, which BTW I like better than the SRT clone chairs in my buddies 2007 300C LTD. I'm on the skinny side so the Aura's buckets fit me better.

It even had the paddle shifters (extra WOW).

Good purchase!

All cars 1st year dep. is a hit to the wallet.

Nothing compares to what GM cars take due to their flooding of the rental market and massive rebates. You can grab 1-2yr old, low mileage GM sedans generally for half of what they msrp'd new all day long from various EBay sellers who seem to specialize in them.

<- Former Saturn SL2 5-speed owner, paid $2500 for it when comparable used Corollas/Civics were going for double that and more.

And agreed, the XR w/ 3.6 seems like a great car. Something I'd definitely push friends who are looking for a roomy, comfortable, well appointed sedan that's a good value for the $. Especially now that the gap between these and the Accord and Camry is narrowing, tremendously. In fact, having driven a Camry SE recently, I can say 100% that I'd take the Aura XR over it. The Accord might be a tougher decision, it really would depend if Honda puts out another V6/6-speed manual transmission version.

I read this post thinking you bought an ACURA XR, and then I lashed myself for not knowing about the newest Acura to show up!

Now I know, Saturn Aura. I hear it's a very well built sedan!

Hahaha must be a Canadian thing I did the exact same thing.

Fantastic car. I think you'll enjoy it. Not nearly as fun to drive but definitely a well made and enjoyable sedan. GM is stepping it up...the new Malibu LTZ is surprisingly super nice. I rent a lot of cars and I'm shocked at how much I like the new Malibu :hide:

Having driven both in all trim levels I'd say the new Malibu is on par with the Aura and the LTZ may actually be a step up. The seats are very comfortable in the Malibu and the layout is really spot on. I have not had any rattles in the 3 Boos I rented but did have a small rattle in one of the Auras but who knows with rentals. The LTZ is pretty quick and although it had some torque steer, its surprisingly difficult to get it to understeer. If I was in the market for a sebland..err...sedan, it would be a good choice if you go used.

Archived