LegacyGT.com

08 DIY grill: 4 hours and 40 bucks

collegemt

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
collegmt, Nice! That looks very cool and based on those results I think I might do this to my grille. By the way, just to get a feel for that mesh painted in black black, could you pretty please post a picture of the grille with the sun shining on it as opposed to it being in the shade? I'm just curious what the worst case visual scenario would look like. Excellent job though!

^ I guess what I meant was does anything behind the mesh stand out?

For example when people cut the center pillar out of the STi grille, you can see the trunk latch mechanism that normally is hidden behind the plastic. I was just curious what can be seen when it's bathed in light with those chrome wings out of the way.

So i painted the mesh black and added the emblem:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2962000-2962999/2962064_74_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2962000-2962999/2962064_76_full.jpg

That my friend looks phenomenal.

Great Job!

Looks great! one of the reasons I've never really considered doing the 05 RBS style grill is because the mesh is so far back in the girll I think it makes it look funny. By putting yours in FRONT yours looks worlds better.

Your subaru logo looks like its belt line is a little high in the above pictures tho btw. and yes I am aware that its like that stock but if you remove the "wings" then it needs to be centered imo.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Your subaru logo looks like its belt line is a little high in the above pictures tho btw. and yes I am aware that its like that stock but if you remove the "wings" then it needs to be centered imo.

I was thinking the same thing. It does look great though.

Thanks for all the somments, I will tweak the emblem later today and i will post pics in the sun. It is a bit see through in the sun, but i think i might paint the radiator so that isn't a factor.

I tried to get my grill off from the back, where are the screw? I've only found two.

Ther are 6 screw total on the back. Two on the bottom about 3 inches from center, Two on each corner and 2 on the sides (these one are difficult to find but they are there)

So i recentered the emblem and took a picture in the sun. The sun is straight up in the sky right now, best i could do.

281640085_centeredemblemback.jpg.bb24b8f5c54aff0b7bad19a4f8da7e7c.jpg

1405254118_centerblackcloseup.jpg.082b6c0a3ef246ecf64be7b19506a419.jpg

So i recentered the emblem and took a picture in the sun. The sun is straight up in the sky right now, best i could do.

Looks AWESOME!!!

I can't even begin to tell you how good that looks!! Friggen Sweet!!! :wub:

You may have just lit a fire under my arse. ;)

Mm I might do this this weekend if it's nice out. I'm kind of iffy about it though cause I have a feeling the chrome rim will be a PITA.
If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

<~~~ Looking at buying a used 2008 grill to hack up.

I like keeping stock parts around just in case. ;)

I know what you mean. If you find a good source, let me know. I don't like doing this kind of stuff without a backup plan.

Archived