LegacyGT.com

Getting tinted on Fri...how dark should I go?

Gmoe

Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the Huper done? in Van or...?

I have that on my back windows in 30%, I really hope it cuts the heat down. Still have some bubbles in it, hopefully they disappear once it gets hot!

Do you have a pic of the vkool? I don't want something that looks like it is there.

I got it done at TintCentre in Vancouver. +1 if you ever want to go there.

Here's a quick pic. vkool is not noticeable at all. Under some lights its got a lil aqua hue, but nobody would think its not stock.

http://i28.tinypic.com/2uzz70l.jpg

If a cop is going to pull you over specifically because of your tint, you're gonna get the ticket. There is no weasling out of it. Sure he might give you a warning, but he's gonna decide that and you can't do anything about it. Even if you roll down the windows, he's not going to care.

I got a ticket by local police while in PA. The guy pulled a U turn in the middle of the street and followed me for a bit before pulling me over. I put down both driver side windows and he didn't care.

My tint is 20% and it measured 14% front, 15% back :)

$134 later, I still have the tint, and avoid that area of PA.

I think it is really up to the cop. I was in West Chester PA and a cop rolled up next to me at a traffic light and didn't care.

Like I have said many times before, it all depends on where you live and how big of a Dick the cops are in your area.

I've seen many cars that have darker tint than I do.

I have 20% and I don't lose any sleep over it.

im thankful 35% is legal in CT, just going to do 35 all the way around and call it a day. If you want dark tints get your car registered in FL, no required front plate and dark tints legal...

Went 35% all around and it came out great. Love the look. Few small nitpicks. I was surprised (and happy) they went right over the rear brake light and didn't cut a notch around it. I can't imagine it makes that light much less visible. I'll post a couple pics after I give her a bath tomorrow.

1. I think it's because of the frameless windows, the small strip of untinted area shows more on the rear edge of the front doors where the weather stripping is. You have to look for it..but I don't like it.

2. Waiting 4 days to be able to roll any windows down...lol. Have her in the garage with the moon roof open to try and accelerate the drying/setting maybe.

3. There's a small area on the back window that bubbled right on an edge/corner. Tried to gently press it down, but it comes right back. Hoping it will disappear as things dry and set.

4. Now, my rocker panel chrome trim sticks out like a sore thumb. I want to go all black/blue eventually so I'll have to figure out a way to swap those out or paint over, or something. Looks OK with stock wheels because they are silver, but I want to get hyperblack Rotas at some point, and they wouldn't look right with that chrome strip.

where is a good place to go for tints in Queens or Long Island NY?

I had mine done here:

Stadium Auto Glass

12602 Northern Blvd

Flushing, NY 11368-1526

Phone: (718) 898-8884

X

---

• 6 months later...
Roughly 8hrs 50min before my appointment to get my 50% fronts and 35% rear's done on my OB LGTWL. Wicked pumped since the seats are tan and the stock glass looks kind of lame being so clear.

Hope it goes well. Pics will be up later in the week!

http://www.ColoradoSkiShop.com for any gear needs.

thats what im in for Thursday, 50 up front and 35 in the back w/ tan seats. I think anything darker would be ricey in my opinion.

Archived