LegacyGT.com

fogging after clearing lights

jomamma

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ouch that looks bad. I get tiniest amount of condensation in the corner of the right front after a car wash but, it's always raining here so you can't tell. I never baked my front lights after clearing 'em.

So blow dry 'em and spread some more silicone, cool.

mine started in the lower corner, but spread across the bottom. it's not that bad at all, but i want zero build up. my set-up is nice. i have a hidden toggle switch to turn on the halo's when ever i want. this way they'll last a bit longer

i just (dry run) baked 2 lexus headlamps, 1 being an 07 rx350 w HID and ACR (i think that whats its called, moves with the steering wheel) and 07 rx 300 (no ACR)so i can do a legit swap on my 07 leggy lamps. and after tearing , literally, those apart, im scared to touch mine. good news, i got the reflectors and the eyes out of both, bad news, im SCARED to handle mine the same way. i baked em on 220-225F for 12-20 mins. just dont wanna F mine up. i manage a lexus/honda/volvo bodyshop, so i have access to the lexus headlamps after being wrecked, (weird i know, should be afraid of the lex 1400$$ lamps and not my 200$ ones). but they are mine, and i dont want any moisture as seen above. am i doing something wrong in the disassemble process? (sorry if this is a jack)

Isn't it against the highway code to remove the amber reflectors from your headlights? I suppose you know all the tricks to sweet-talk yourself out of a ticket being a cop and all ;):lol:

i've gotten pulled over twice in last 2 months, never heard anything about it... :rolleyes: *knock on wood*

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

just re-open em & do it again. That's really the only way. Put some extra silicone on this time.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Isn't it against the highway code to remove the amber reflectors from your headlights? I suppose you know all the tricks to sweet-talk yourself out of a ticket being a cop and all ;):lol:

no canuck, it's not against the law. the signal must be amber. shouldn't you be watching hockey or kiiling a bear or something? ;)

heh, I guess your lighting laws are even more outdated than ours :lol:

either that or you're just a goody 2-shoes :rolleyes:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

No, I just prefer to spend my money on the car, not the tickets that it gets me ;)

4 years of cleared headlights & no tickets ;):rolleyes: At this point even if I got one it will have been a good run

stop bein a goodie 2 shoes nerd

First of all I don't even really like the cleared look. Second, the reflectors are a safety feature. Third, it wouldn't just be a ticket but a ticket and a $100 vehicle inspection.

1st, that's fine if that's your opinion but the OP didn't ask anyones opinion on the look of cleared headlights so mind your own business.

2nd, I'm pretty sure that the reflectors aren't adding much in the way of safety

3rd, it IS just a ticket here. You live in another f-ing country jackass.

4th, you're not adding anything to this thread. I gave teh OP an answer to his questions

Archived