LegacyGT.com

What makes a Spec B a Spec B ?

This might be a stupid question to some of you but I am new to Subarus and I have been reading about Spec B Subaru Legacys on this forum but I was wondering what makes a Spec B Legacy a Spec B. Is it the suspension, motor, or all of the above? Sorry to ask such a stupid question. Thanks

One of the biggest differences is the 6 speed transmition (MY07+). The other things are minor. The spec.B does come with 18" wheels, and I've heard a slightly different suspension, although most LGT owners will say differently. The interior also has every option available including the navigation, and alcarta inserts on the door cards and seats. The engine is the same, although fitment for some parts may be different between auto and manual trans. Hope that helps a bit.
2011 WRX Hatch currently. Looking for OXT or FXT for new daily to go with the WRX.

One of the biggest differences is the 6 speed transmition (MY07+). The other things are minor. The spec.B does come with 18" wheels, and I've heard a slightly different suspension, although most LGT owners will say differently. The interior also has every option available including the navigation, and alcarta inserts on the door cards and seats. The engine is the same, although fitment for some parts may be different between auto and manual trans. Hope that helps a bit.

Is a LGT the same thing as a Spec B then? I Have also read about 5eat Legacys. What is that? Again I know it is a stupid question. Thanks Again.

AFAIK the spec B is the only way in the current model year to get navigation AND a manual tranny.

stiffer suspension, and a badge that makes you think your car has more HP than the next guy. (ib4vimy)

ah, yea to agree with the above clarification, you will see on this forum 5MT 6MT and 5EAT. 5/6spd manual transmissions and 5EAT is the 5 speed electronic automatic transmission. They specify because the non GT gets a 4 speed auto (fail.)

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

...and ugly ass wheels.

I disagree entirely. The 06 - 07 Spec B wheels are one of the prettiest OEM wheels I've ever seen on a sub 100K auto.

The 08 Spec B wheels are also really nice, and have a sweet Euro flair to them.

You're telling me that you'd take the standard GT wheels (those awful 7 spokers with the dimple on them) over Spec B wheels?

I disagree entirely. The 06 - 07 Spec B wheels are one of the prettiest OEM wheels I've ever seen on a sub 100K auto.

The 08 Spec B wheels are also really nice, and have a sweet Euro flair to them.

You're telling me that you'd take the standard GT wheels (those awful 7 spokers with the dimple on them) over Spec B wheels?

I think the best looking, best fitting sub 100k are the wheels on the Mazda6, good lookin wheels.

As for the choice I would want on my LGT, I'd take the stock 5 spokes that came on my 05. Them're some good lookin wheels.

I'll just stick with my Kazera's that I got on there now.

Only reason I bought a Spec B is the 6MT and that's it.

Yea, a lot more money you had to dish out but that's one thing that I needed in a new car so that's why I paid up.

If GT came with 6MT, I would have never gotten the Spec B.

Spec-B's also get the much stronger R180 rear diff and a limited slip front diff over a standard GT's open diff.

Where in the world do you come up with this ? Stop making things up.

honda hater... contrary to popular belief, the Spec B does not mean you would grow a 3rd ball and add 2 inches. You just have slightly better suspension, stability control, 6 speed manual and navigation with MT. That's all. No better fuel economy, no more horsepower, no nothing in terms of creature comforts...

This might be a stupid question to some of you but I am new to Subarus and I have been reading about Spec B Subaru Legacys on this forum but I was wondering what makes a Spec B Legacy a Spec B. Is it the suspension, motor, or all of the above? Sorry to ask such a stupid question. Thanks

PM this guy:http://www.legacygt.com/forums/member.php?u=13664

He'll be happy to tell you all about it. Oh, and if you buy a Spec B you will have to be his friend.

Spec B is powered by Chuck Norris round house kicks!

...oh wrong thread. ;)

The B in Spec B is for Bilstein, who designed (or at least supplies the parts) for the suspension. Along with this superdooper upgrade you get a "fully loaded" car.

The '06's had a limited run of 500. The 07's and on are full production and the "top of the line." Aside from the suspension upgrade they had a few more bells and whistles than the regular GT's like different leather, 6mt etc.

I got one 'cause having the dealer install factory Navigation into a regular 5mt was more expensive than just getting the whole package. It was either 5mt and cubby, 5eat and Nav or both in "this limited edition we cant sell." Oh and the liberal sprinkling of magic dust.

JDM Spec B's are a whole different kettle of fish

Been around since 96, They weren't the first leacy's to get the bilsteins though. But with the GTB, you got: Awesome body kit, Virtually an STi engine, the heads and block were the same (though the left head got an oil and coolant feed for the primary turbo), STi 'yellow top' 440cc injectors, STi equvilent ECU (it wasn't actually STi though, due to being for a twin turbo) You also got a nicer interior, very very nice wheels (17" as abosed to 16", and of course, the bilsteins. GTB's still get the same treatment today.

Where in the world do you come up with this ? Stop making things up.

honda hater... contrary to popular belief, the Spec B does not mean you would grow a 3rd ball and add 2 inches. You just have slightly better suspension, stability control, 6 speed manual and navigation with MT. That's all. No better fuel economy, no more horsepower, no nothing in terms of creature comforts...

I stand corrected. Front diff remains open, but the R180 rear diff is correct and it is a torsen limited slip. That's the difference. I think the interior is much nicer also with the blue alcantara in the 07's and the grey alcantara in the 08's.

Archived