LegacyGT.com

Best online wheel and tire vendor?

highlander

Rather than start a list of places NOT to go, which can lead to a lot of problematic posts...

I would greatly appreciate to hear from places that have served us well.

Now I have to say, I am looking at a package deal from Edgeracing.com

LW wheels and tires for under a $1000. The tries are not the best, but will do until I can afford the better ones.

Tire Rack has a great rep.

Discount Tire Direct does well from what a former co-worker told me.

Anyone else??

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

In the past I've bought wheels from Oakos, and I've heard similar positive ratings (and similar brands stocked) about Subydude. I had those shipped to me, and then used TireRack to buy tires and have them drop shipped to a local autotire, just brought my wheels in with the car and had them mounted up/balanced. Worked out really well, and was happy with all 3 companies involved.

Not sure if this covers what you're after, but I wouldn't be afraid to buy wheels and tires separately and have them mounted/balanced by a local respectable shop.

Xenonk ;):lol:

But seriously, I always cross shop these: tirerack, discounttiredirect, edgeracing, vulcantire... however, discounttiredirect very often offers $100 off any tire!

In the past I've bought wheels from Oakos, and I've heard similar positive ratings (and similar brands stocked) about Subydude. I had those shipped to me, and then used TireRack to buy tires and have them drop shipped to a local autotire, just brought my wheels in with the car and had them mounted up/balanced. Worked out really well, and was happy with all 3 companies involved.

Not sure if this covers what you're after, but I wouldn't be afraid to buy wheels and tires separately and have them mounted/balanced by a local respectable shop.

problem is if the wheels are damaged who is to blame? what I like about Tire Rack is that they send them mounted and balanced -hence if there is an issue it is either TR or UPS no questions asked.

problem is if the wheels are damaged who is to blame? what I like about Tire Rack is that they send them mounted and balanced -hence if there is an issue it is either TR or UPS no questions asked.

Not sure I see the difference. If you have the wheels shipped to you, you can inspect them prior to taking them in to be mounted/balanced (as I did). That way you deal with that up front. For the tires, Tire Rack 'partners' with lots of local shops to drop ship straight to them, so I'd be willing to bet they'll take care of you should a problem arise.

When I ordered mine from discount tire I had to wait to install them. About 1 week or two after getting the tires I went to have the wheels and tires installed. The installer noticed one was slightly bent. I had a new wheel the next day no questions asked. Absolutely would highly recommend them.

I've purchased tires from tirerack.com and mavistire.com and been very happy with both. Mavis I guess is in the Philly/NJ area but their website is very simliar to tirerack and they had the Dunlop Wintersport M3's that tirerack was sold out of for basically the same price.

I may try Edge Racing for my next set. For the tires I'm look at (Sumitomo HTRZ III's) they're the same price as Tirerack but about 8 bucks cheaper for shipping. I'm glad to see that other people have used them and are happy.

I've bought plenty of tires from Mavis also. Went through same thing on the Dunlops. Only problem there is the mounting leaves something to desire. I've had situations where rims were scratched and when the lugs were so overtightened that the special wrench was deformed from getting them off. YMMV.

I wish subydude offered biggers tires than 225. I would of picked up 17x8 rotas with 245/40/17 is they offered it. TR gets expensive with their shipping. $17 for a tire that only cost $79.
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

I've bought plenty of tires from Mavis also. Went through same thing on the Dunlops. Only problem there is the mounting leaves something to desire. I've had situations where rims were scratched and when the lugs were so overtightened that the special wrench was deformed from getting them off. YMMV.

Just for the record, I had them ship to the tires directly to me (like Tirerack would) and had them installed locally. There isn't a local Mavis around me (south of Pittsburgh).

+1 Discount tire. 2 wheels came in damaged and they could've easily blown me off and blamed UPS (which it probably is their fault), but they covered the extra shipping costs of sending it back and sent me 2 new wheels. Great service!

discount tire DIRECT.... they ahve an ebay and website

edgeracing (discount tire does match prices btw)

tirerack has a great website but the above two always have beaten their pricing

Archived