LegacyGT.com

Thumbs up on the Bilstein HD's + Pinks

rudy

After spending some time with it, I'd have to rate this as perfect for a "Boston" (potholes!) street setup. The dive and squat is gone and the biggest surprise was that the comfort increased. Look forward to really seeing how it cuts and transitions when the lightweight wheels + azenis go back on, but so far it's been fantastic. The ONLY criticism is what everybody already knows, I have 3 fingers of tire/fender gap in front, but only 1 finger in back.

Since I'm not tracking it, I'm not going to go with a bigger sway to increase rotation, but I think Unclemat's advice that HD's + Pinks + JDM RSB makes a great street setup is spot on. I remember when I test drove a SpecB I felt it was close, but I'd have to modify it. This one feels just right. Would be curious to see what linear rate / slightly stiffer / more drop Swifts feel like, though. That might be even more right, but I'm not complaining.

Nice! Pics?

I'll take some when I put the OZ's back on, more photogenic then the stockers :)

And again +1 to Unclemat to have gone through so many suspension setups to be able to give a relatively informed opinion on what to go with. When I was debating which setup to pull the trigger on, went with one I've seen him be positive about. Plus, he drives the exact same streets I do, so I know he's taking into account the subpar roads.

Spec.B front top hats, no spacer?

Spec.B top hats, and I assume no spacer if none came in the Bilstein conversion kit from KOP.

1 rear spring seat?

No shims if that's what you're asking? Again, just went with what was shipped in the KOP package.

'07 GT Sedan MT Pinks? (or whatever info you can provide)

Yep, GT Sedan MT Pinks

Spec.B top hats, and I assume no spacer if none came in the Bilstein conversion kit from KOP.

No shims if that's what you're asking? Again, just went with what was shipped in the KOP package.

That's funny, I ordered the Bilstein conversion kit hardware from K.O.P. and he sent me the front spacers which are not needed with the Spec.B top hats. I posted about it in this thread.

It may have been included, I'm not sure as I literally handed over the box to the guys @ DSG. Now that it's installed, is there a way I could visually check, just let me know what to look for and I'll see if it's there or not.

Archived