LegacyGT.com

Justy (R1) EV's

CTlegacy06

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/03/17/breaking-subaru-expanding-r1e-pilot-program-to-ny/

Well it seems like Subaru is testing EV technology on its Justy though I'm sure there are no plans to reintroduce it into the market (at least in the old hated Tribeca styling of the current gen). Probably next gen it will arrive with a gas and EV alternative trim!

PRESS RELEASE:

SUBARU TO EVALUATE QUICK CHARGE ELECTRIC CAR

WITH NEW YORK POWER AUTHORITY

What: Subaru of America, Inc. will Subaru will begin evaluating its R1e electric vehicle (EV) in the United States this summer in conjunction with the New York Power Authority (NYPA). The plan will be officially announced at Thursday, March 20th at 12:30 PM at the New York International Auto Show.

Subaru will provide two Subaru R1e electric cars to NYPA for evaluation. The Subaru R1e will be on display at the New York International Auto Show, from March 21-30 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.

The Subaru R1e employs state-of-the-art, fast-charge lithium ion battery technology that eliminates typical lithium ion battery issues of charge memory loss, allowing partial charges and quick charges that do not decrease battery life. The two-seat Subaru R1e is capable of driving at speeds up to 65 mph with a range of up to 50 miles, making it an ideal urban commuter. The Subaru R1e can be "quick-charged" to 80 percent capacity in only 15 minutes using quick-charge technology.

A typical charge cost less than $2 dollars. The vehicle can be fully charged overnight (eight hours) while connected to a standard household electrical outlet. The R1e uses an AC permanent magnet synchronized motor producing 40 kW. The new lithium ion batteries are also designed in layers that allow for simple recycling at the end of their 10 year life.

Seems pretty smart to me. Would be better if they boosted the range with regen. brakes.

The new lithium ion batteries are also designed in layers that allow for simple recycling at the end of their 10 year life.

And they are worth something which is cool.

I think the appearance needs to be upgraded a bit, but with all the smart cars running around here and the number of older people buying Subarus, I think that this (perhaps in gas form) and the Just would be great for North America.

That would be an awesome car to have for gas mileage until you get in a fender bender with an escalade or F-250 and die. :icon_sad:

Well it seems like Subaru is testing EV technology on its Justy

That's not a Justy. That's an R1. Subaru also offers R2 and Stella, all of which are kei cars. Justy is a rebadged Daihatsu sold by Subaru in Europe, and is larger than any of the kei cars.

This is Justy:

http://images.worldcarfans.com/articles/2007/11/23/9071123.005/9071123.005.Mini1L.jpg

That would be an awesome car to have for gas mileage until you get in a fender bender with an escalade or F-250 and die. :icon_sad:

In less than 2 years...90% of the U.S. population won't be able to afford the gas to drive an Escalade or an F-250.

Expand your thinking...

In less than 2 years...90% of the U.S. population won't be able to afford the gas to drive an Escalade or an F-250.

Expand your thinking...

You may want to expand your thinking..... into reality. :lol: People will just be driving diesel trucks or paying more. People said the exact same thing about gas two years ago.

i want one.. bad.

Like hell would i ever ditch the turbo though, keep the lgt for a weekend car of course..

Oh, btw, those cars normally come with an inline-3, 650cc enigne. Theres a turbo version that offers 47KW. (That's only 7kw more than the electric!)

You may want to expand your thinking..... into reality. :lol: People will just be driving diesel trucks or paying more. People said the exact same thing about gas two years ago.

Either way you are going to have to pay more. Alot more.

Sorry about the confusion between the R1 and Justy I just figured that the Justy was the last small car Subaru offered in the US and that if this was used, they might revitalize the name no matter the platform.

Archived