LegacyGT.com

Can't pass inspection!

bigb3630123

I thought your thread was going to be about you can't pass the inspection because or your catless exhaust not your brakes.

Damn, how bad are your brakes for you to think you wouldn't pass a safety inspection?

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I didn't think they were that bad because I usually down shift and use a little engine braking buuuuuut now that 3 different mechanics told me it wont pass I got in and they are right the pedal is REALLY low. 45000 miles on original breaks haha. I got my money out of them.

I run the dba rotors and hawk pads. I have no complaints about them. With lines and new brake fluid it was the best upgrade Ive done The work so well that I almost put my friend through the windshield after someone came out of a side street and I had no other choice but hammer the brakes
check us out here http://newenglandsubarus.com/

I didn't think they were that bad because I usually down shift and use a little engine braking buuuuuut now that 3 different mechanics told me it wont pass I got in and they are right the pedal is REALLY low. 45000 miles on original breaks haha. I got my money out of them.

S**t. My car is at 42,500 and was just a couple of weeks ago during a tire rotation that my rears were goners. I was just going to do those but I guess I should do the whole thing now. DBA 4000s and Hawk Pads will be my route also.

I know that KOP took down their recent sales promotion, but email/call/PM Tristan and see if he can help you out. No guantees, but here is the link: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82626. You'll have to read the rest of the posts because the content is missing from the OP, but this was for DBA rotors and some type of pads, Hawks possibly.

BTW - I'm at nearly 60,000 on the original pads and rotors... and this is with trailer towing factored in. Still at > 70% on the pads. Dunno.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

First off - State Inspections are a racket, and should be abolished.

Secondly, try Autozone. Heck, I'd LOAN you my rotors if that's what it took. :)

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

Any reason you couldn't just stop down at an AutoZone, PepBoys, etc, for rotors? Might have been cheaper! :) AND quicker!
SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

does the 05 Legacy run different rotors than an 05 Legacy GT?

2005 Legacy 2.5i vs LGT? LGT Rotors are bigger and vented FR & RR IIRC.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived