LegacyGT.com

Official Tri-State NNJR Autocross at The Meadowlands' Met life Stadium Lot E, in NJ

whitetiger

And a wagon at that.... we'll see how much body roll I'll get compared to your sedan. Any suspension mods on yours? Mine is unmolested (for now).

If you take a look at the pics Freddy (Sublo) took of my car (the White LGT, 23DS), I'm running on the stock suspension so you can probably picture something like what mine looks like happening to you.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you take a look at the pics Freddy (Sublo) took of my car (the White LGT, 23DS), I'm running on the stock suspension so you can probably picture something like what mine looks like happening to you.

Yeah. It looks like a good amount of squat and roll - expected. Mine is a little bit less with the coilovers but I'll have the Perrin sways and Cusco braces installed next time I come (and hopefully some R-comps) ;).

I really wish I could have gotten a job assignment on the middle of the course to get some closer photos. Maybe next time.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

both the 2.5i and lgt wil have lost of body roll in autox due the weight of the car and the soft factory suspension. there are ways to deal with it depending on what autox class you want to be in.

For me, autox gave be a direction to mod my car rather that just buying parts for the sake of it. If you become a regular at autox and you slow mod your car, you can really see the difference each mod makes. I makes you appreciate the money you spend so much more.

I'm plenty happy with both the ride comfort and height of the stock wagon that I have, I would like to reduce the body roll a bit though... Sway bars will come sooner or later. Just have to hide it from the wife somehow lol.

^no or you are out of stock class. get the koni inserts since they will allow you to keep the stock springs and mantain good ride quality, plus they are cheap. My guess is that you will be more than satisfied with the strut upgrade.

You know, I think I am addicted to Auto X, because I am like already looking foward to next weekend for the event. Too bad I am basically still a newbie, but I do really want to improve myself very much! Hopefully next weekend will come sooner!

You know, I think I am addicted to Auto X, because I am like already looking foward to next weekend for the event. Too bad I am basically still a newbie, but I do really want to improve myself very much! Hopefully next weekend will come sooner!

Looking forward to co-driving my car? ;)

I've done autox in my previous car a few times. I have to say that it's sooooooo tempting to take the subie out for a few runs. But I have a much greater force to be reckoned with.... THE WIFE.

Whitetiger

There is no Auto Cross when it rains?

I was figuring that it might be fun to drive in the rain and see the capabilities of our vehicle.

But again, when you are doing track work, it kinda sucks huh..picking up cones in the rain.....:rolleyes:

Whitetiger

There is no Auto Cross when it rains?

I was figuring that it might be fun to drive in the rain and see the capabilities of our vehicle.

But again, when you are doing track work, it kinda sucks huh..picking up cones in the rain.....:rolleyes:

We do race in the rain. the only time we dont is if there is lightning. It wouldnt be such a good idea to stant in the middle of an open parking lot surounded by metal light posts in a thunder storm. :lol:

racing in the rain is fun though. the AWD gives us a nice edge.

Fun autox yesterday guys. Results and pics (from Perry) are up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/autox4u/collections/72157594587139556/

I'm not really a big fan of flicker since they make it difficult to download the good pictures (it's embedded into a flash thing). So I ended up just doing a printscreen of the slideshow page, pasted it into photoshop (or whatever editing program you have) then just cropped out the webpage.

Or... if you want, I can pull the higher-res pics off the slideshow for you and throw them on here.

Archived