LegacyGT.com

Plugs and compression test results

Deer Killer

Of course engines consume oil, but that's too much. Many of Subaru 2.5L turbos consume too much oil, due to widespread defects. But it does not mean that's normal.

And not NOT ALL 2.5L consume that much oil. Healthy EJ255/EJ257 will use only 0.5 quart over 6000-7000 miles, and pushing 350+ whp to the wheels. Ask edmundu.

Honestly, your engine has issues, but it does not mean it will get worse or fail. However if you going to put serious power on it, chances are it will get worse.

Do leak down test.

mine only started leaking through my last crush washer, now its fine.

my motor (it has 17k on it) never consumed a noticeable amount of oil..

mine only started leaking through my last crush washer, now its fine.

my motor (it has 17k on it) never consumed a noticeable amount of oil..

Which is how it should be.

Well then I got a cracked piston from the factory! (edit - and so did a lot of other people)

Yup and so did a lot of other people. Or got them cracked due to bad gas, tuning, abuse, poor break-in.

Unless your camera is broken you need to spend a lot more time checking out your engine and a lot less time worrying about differential equations as they relate to boost control ;)

Seriously.

This is what they should look like (even thous this car has a horrible tune and barely runs :lol: ) http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71952&highlight=spark+plugs

Did you steal my old plugs in my toolbox...lol

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived