LegacyGT.com

Development study: JDM bezel conversion.

HighlineCA

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are focusing on switching it to USDM format because we primarily market in the US. While trying to convert it, we will test if its possible it can retain the Metric format and still mod it to perform properly with a non JDM LGT.

jaymesbry - While Erik is in there, I will mention to him if its possible to switch to 05-06 dials. As of right now, they would be JDM dials (they look slightly larger than the USDM 07+).

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Also, one last dumb question.. are you able to fabricate some kind of cover for the double din head unit? It would be nice to have some kind of cover so people dont see a bling bling double din screen in my dash.. :lol:

hmm so if people have the STI gauge pack (that draws power off the current HU) what would a work around solution be for us? Just tap power for it from someplace else? Def want a double din unit very badly in this car...i hate the damn stock radio!

hmm so if people have the STI gauge pack (that draws power off the current HU) what would a work around solution be for us? Just tap power for it from someplace else? Def want a double din unit very badly in this car...i hate the damn stock radio!

Typical radio fuses only support 15amps. Gauges and an aftermarket radio might blow it. For accessories, I always suggest getting power from the ignition harness or deticated power from the battery.

Spawn - Whats wrong with the CD player? The transport itself or the whole radio? Need a new one? :D

No new update for the JDM bezel yet. Will update when there is.

Rich @ HCA

well im using the jazzy aux in mod, and the blank disk is in CD6, and it has been in CD6 for the past 60k miles i guess. So at 41 minutes it will skip till 43 minutes and then itll be good until 67 minutes and then skip till 68 minutes. this is my 3rd blank cd that i have made and they all do this at those exact times.

It would nice if you could also get a double din for the Legacy owners with manual climate control. I personally do not like the one that crutchfield has b/c it isnt a double DIN and the color is way off. I would Definatly like to put a double din DVD player in my dash and keep my cubby!

PLEASE CONSIDER IT... PLEASE! I WILL BE #1 TO GET ONE!

Spawn - Have you tried burning it slower and with a different program? Personally I use Sonic RecordNow and it works in every radio Ive ever tried.

06jax - We do offer a double DIN bezel with manual controls. It runs $250. It is a modded Metra kit and color matched. Price includes paint, insured shipping and kit.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Spawn - Have you tried burning it slower and with a different program? Personally I use Sonic RecordNow and it works in every radio Ive ever tried.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Yup unortunetly. I have decided to take CD6, and instead of making a 75 min silent CD. i now have a 40 minute silent CD, and at 40 minutes it beeps(track 2), and just in case track 3 is another 35minute silent portion with another beep at the end of that. Just to say in my mind "JON CHANGE TRACKS NOW!!!"

06jax - We do offer a double DIN bezel with manual controls. It runs $250. It is a modded Metra kit and color matched. Price includes paint, insured shipping and kit.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

SWEET. Got any pictures that you can PM me?????????

• 3 weeks later...