LegacyGT.com

Development study: JDM bezel conversion.

HighlineCA

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That depends on what type of manufacturing you want.

We have thought about 3D printing for some time. Its costly at first (not as much as MASS manufacturing) but could pay off. Lots of ideas in the works.. but all of it carries a substantial initial investment though.

Rich @ HCA

Say if I wanted the black looking dash, any chance you can put in the JDM buttons on the USDM bezel and then paint the rest of the USDM bezel to match? Is that what you meant by customizing the bezel? That setup would look sweet.

Keep up the good work!

I'd be in for this depending on the final price.

I don't mind giving up my stock radio in favour for an aftermarket one. However, I'm Canadian and only understand degrees celsius on my temp controls. LOL!! So, I'd insist on my keeping my temp controls that way and wouldn't want to do any core exchanges with a US one that reads Fahrenheit.

^ don't worry, the units are determined by the gauge cluster, not the radio. the radio/hvac controls are identical between metric and medieval units

FlipNap - We would be grafting in the JDM hvac panel, so yes, the buttons will be JDM (thats the idea..). And yes, we could refinish the bezel in black or any other color you want.

uncle - Are you 100% positive? Curious... We see some differences in how the hvac controller is programmed. They use SMT resistors as jumpers for programming (not fully verified). I would imagine the controller would display whatever the main unit is telling it. Hmm.. interesting.

Rich @ HCA

uncle - Are you 100% positive? Curious... We see some differences in how the hvac controller is programmed. They use SMT resistors as jumpers for programming (not fully verified). I would imagine the controller would display whatever the main unit is telling it. Hmm.. interesting.

Rich @ HCA

Yup, there was a guy (zuczek is his screenname) that fitted metric gauge cluster to USDM car and got the HVAC display temperature in C. I think it was confirmed by another source as well.

All I'm looking for is to get an aftermarket Bluetooth unit, but in this case could get an aftermarket radio with Bluetooh installed already, then not have an extra piece of equipment attached to the dash. This would be awesome! *Subscribe*

Yup, there was a guy (zuczek is his screenname) that fitted metric gauge cluster to USDM car and got the HVAC display temperature in C. I think it was confirmed by another source as well.

Good to know. I was trying to source a CDN radio/hvac unit from a junkyard and they wanted $300 for it!! :eek:

I was planning to use it as a donor unit so I wouldn't have any downtime.

We are focusing on switching it to USDM format because we primarily market in the US. While trying to convert it, we will test if its possible it can retain the Metric format and still mod it to perform properly with a non JDM LGT.

jaymesbry - While Erik is in there, I will mention to him if its possible to switch to 05-06 dials. As of right now, they would be JDM dials (they look slightly larger than the USDM 07+).

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA