LegacyGT.com

What to do next for Mods.

I have a 2006 Legacy GT wagon 5EAT. I'm currently at Stage II with the AccessPort and a Cobb up=pipe and downpipe. I have Cobb sway bars front and rear. No other mods..

Question is, where to go next? Handling is markedly better, power levels are improved. My thought is the AVO TMIC as the stock intercooler seems prone to failure at Stage II. Other thoughts would be a Catback exhaust. I'm not planning to upgrade the turbo until it dies/ after warranty is up. I have only 9,000 miles on it ??? So would you guys go with the TMIC next ?? thoughts welcome.

Tires :)

I still have the Potenza RE92s stock tires on, but with only 9k miles I don't want to toss them yet, will try to get another season out of them. They are horrible in the snow though and I take my wife's Baja when it snows.

Brakes as in ? new rotors/ Hawks or are you talking Brembos (big bucks).

I have a 2006 Legacy GT wagon 5EAT. I'm currently at Stage II with the AccessPort and a Cobb up=pipe and downpipe. I have Cobb sway bars front and rear. No other mods..

Question is, where to go next? Handling is markedly better, power levels are improved. My thought is the AVO TMIC as the stock intercooler seems prone to failure at Stage II. Other thoughts would be a Catback exhaust. I'm not planning to upgrade the turbo until it dies/ after warranty is up. I have only 9,000 miles on it ??? So would you guys go with the TMIC next ?? thoughts welcome.

If you don't have a transmission oil cooler, I would start with that as the next modification. After that, tires/wheels and brakes.

I still have the Potenza RE92s stock tires on, but with only 9k miles I don't want to toss them yet, will try to get another season out of them. They are horrible in the snow though and I take my wife's Baja when it snows.

Brakes as in ? new rotors/ Hawks or are you talking Brembos (big bucks).

New rotors/hawks. best bang for the buck. Big brake kits aren't necessary if you don't fully track your car. Even if you're into stuff like weekend auto-x to normal street driving, you'll notice a big difference with only a rotor/pad swap. You definately can't find that price anywhere else... for $600 to buy all the rotors, pads, lines, and fluid.. that is a freaking steal.

Go for tires only when you need them. The RE92's are mediocre, but you might as well get your use out of them.

If you don't have a transmission oil cooler, I would start with that as the next modification. After that, tires/wheels and brakes.

Is that needed on the MT as well?

I can understand that AT:s may need it.

453747.png

Is that needed on the MT as well?

I can understand that AT:s may need it.

Unless there is an elaborate way to push fluid from the MT tranny to an external cooler, the answer is no. AT only as far as I know.

First thing.

Tires.

Yes I know your RE92's only have 9k on them. Sell them and get something better. They truly suck after 10,000 miles. ;)

Brakes.

I've got on order the Goodridge SS Lines + Hawk HPS pads for my GT. I'm getting them done at my 30k mile mait. I would've done it sooner based on the reviews here but just didn't have time. With more power comes the need to stop better.

Rotors.

DBA or StopTech slotted rotors are good replacements. Some do all 4, some just do the front 2. Up to you. I plan on replacing my rotors at about 50k miles (all 4) with either the DBA's or StopTechs.

Aftermarket TMIC.

AVO is really the only one I would go with just based on mounting issues that people have had with the Perrin. Also-- I wouldn't really say the Stock TMIC is "prone" to failure, it just gets heatsoak a lot faster than an aftermarket one would.

Exhaust.

All depends. I think it would be worth it to just get the cat-back section (Y-pipe) and keep the stock mufflers with maybe Hogzaust level 1. For me, I don't need a whole lot of noise from my GT but all depends.

Intake.

You may want to think about picking up the AVO Intake as well and getting a protune for your stage 2. Just something else to think about.

best of luck.

Archived