Like it?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Like it?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will do so as soon as i get it all up and running. I've already tried a pair and there is no windshield glare at all. Rubber sealing tight on the glass. Not glued or anything, just tight pressed onto.

rofl.

I cant help but think this is a dumb idea.

you know it may be easier to just lean out the window with an hid flashlight :lol:

but I SUPPOSE if you prove me wrong on that I will admit it :)

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

okay this is nothing like 'old' hella rallye or something. This gives you no flow light close to the car. These wont brake if you hit a snow wall. These are not easy to steal. These wont get dirty (the wipers clean the area). These are easy to move to another car (<5 minutes). These are high placed = good lighting. The money i pay is worth the extra security and features. And it is much more good looking than ruin the exteriour of the car with 'regular' Bosch, Hella etc.

But that's maby just me? :)

I will post pics and review later on. Til' then just keep munching those popcorns :D

L8R friends

I'm not gonna laugh at this one.

Remember that most of the innovative, true-safety stuff, when it comes to lighting, comes from countries like these.

I've seen fellow driving-enthusiasts from lands such as these go to EXTREMES in the pursuit of more/better lighting, due to their driving conditions. They're truly serious about this kind of stuff, and it's no laughing matter.

I'd want to see these first-hand, at that cost, before getting them, but honestly, this does -NOT- seem like a bad idea, at all.

It's high-mounted, it's protected, it's removable/portable/transferable.

Aside from the cost, what's not to like?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

That would be almost as stupid as the HIDs themselves

^ Why would you say that?

In some of their driving situations, it truly is all about "lumens-on-road." And barring the misconception of "HIDs don't perform as well in foul weather" (when truly, it is a subjective comfort preference, and bears no true statistical data in helping the driver of the vehicle in any manner) - as well as, obviously, the need to dim for oncoming - there should not be *any* negative points.

---

i like everything about them...cept the price. Even if they were $500 that'd be too much. I bet I could fab something up with a $50 ebay HID kit

I'd like to try to "reverse engineer," as well.

I agree, that's outrageous pricing, and undoubtedly, much of that has to do with the fact that this is a boutique item, and certainly, some of it must be to defray both start-up as well as R&D costs.

If this thing dropped down to the $400 range, I think I'd be up for it.

---

Would like to see pics. I have a hard time beliveing there will be no glare of any sort. Has to be at least some off the hood.

^ That's my biggest fear, too.

Given that this devices is "generic" and not vehicle-specific, this the single potential problem I "see," no pun intended.

I'm eager to see what brother erito has in-store for us. :)

I spent less then that to get bixenon HID's from Mr.Luv

But remember that this particular device is even more specific in application than that - it's not just another "HID headlight."

As an auxiliary device that takes specific advantage of the highest mounting point possible in the car ( short of, say, a roof-rack mount - but that would be "on" the car :p ), it's specific aim is to get as much light on-road as possible, for the longest throw possible, for specific driving situations where such lighting is needed.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived