Like it?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Like it?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

two weeks left until i get my setup of these HID's. And yes, i have HID's already on my Outback (Maruta MTEC 35w kit from Japan).

Here in northern Sweden we have dangerously black winters. And Elk, Deer, Snow, thick fog, idiots walking in black clothes etc :)

The price is nothing to argue about, here in sweden you don't get any external 'regular' complete 2x HID Hella or Bosch aux lights for under 800$.

Reverse engineering will be nice for personal use. Otherwise these HID's have worldwide patent registered concerning all on road lighting emerging from inside the car. But i guess within some weeks we will see copies anyway... and alot of law-suites :)

I will report back with pros/cons and pictures.

But i have already tried a setup before buy. Installed in a BMW 325i Touring -07 with HID on high beams+low beams. The difference with the kit is still outstanding...

Isn't this illegal in alot of states?Interior light volume has to be no higher than a specific # of lumens.And in Va no more that 4 forward mounting lights allowed.Sounds like anohter excuse to get pulled over.

What's a ZJ?Cause it sounds nice.

What's a ZJ?Cause it sounds nice.

If you have to ask, big man, you can't afford it.

In all 50 states, it is illegal to have more than 4 filiments of light burning at any one time. Just like any aftermarket light kit, this probably has a little sticker that says "for off road use only"

That's why fogs turn off with highbeams, cause then ther'd be 6 filiments of light.

Doesn't count as "interior" light becuase it doesn't light the interior of the car.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

More than more than (no, that's not a typo) likely, this will be "illegal," here in the states, where "by-Hoyle" laws are concerned.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

interesting the thing about filaments but not lumens? I mean KC daylighters are called daylighters for a reason.

I guess thats why some states require vehicles with those kinds of lights to have covers over them all the time when on the road.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

From what i have heard these are not illegal (yet). They go as anyting else mounted on the windscreen (gps, mobile phone holder, notepad etc).

And they count as any other aux lights = you can use them with high beams, never else.

No problem for me as i live in Sweden, totally leagal :D

• 2 weeks later...

wow, both of those are very good points sebbery.

normally around here lights in excess of a certain amount of lumens or anything considered an "offroad light" has to be covered when going down the road. If you even drive your jeep with the KC lights on the top without the little smiely covers on em they can ticket you. That doesn't mean they will.

I dont know the exact language on that.

I guess the law defines a "filament" as anything that uses electricity to generate light? but then what about turn signals etc. I'm sure the law has been adjusted to make sure they have maximum revenue.. er uh.. protection.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

... also for me that would be a big obstruction on the window as even the rear-view mirror is barely high enough...

That's a very good point - and it's a concern for me, too.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

My experience with roof-mounted lights (which these almost are) is that they do an excellent job of illuminating your hood and increasing glare in inclement conditions (if you think blinding snow is bad with normal headlights, try illuminating the stuff immediately in FRONT of your windscreen!).

So it sounds like you've got a one-trick pony for very clear nights with no traffic present. That's a whole lotta coin for that, when a good set of halogen driving lights mounted up front will cost a fraction and be every bit as good and more functional...

• 2 weeks later...
1 dollar to look at it.

2 dollars to touch it.

3 dollars to watch me touch it.

5 dollars to touch it while I touch my toes.

6 dollars to touch it while I touch your toes.

10 dollars for a BJ.

12 dollars for a HJ.

15 dollars for a ZJ.

If you don't know what a ZJ is.... you can't afford one!

• 1 month later...

Hmm. Well, the Lars & Lars show (video2 in the previous links) answers several questions (in particular, one about windshield angle), which is helpful. The demo (video1) isn't clear on whether the "with" and "without" comparison has the high-beams on for the "without" part, though.

Two thoughts: First, both of our Subarus have those black-out dots around the mirror. I wonder whether they would get in the way of this gadget's lights. And, second, I believe it's illegal to run cab-top light bar lights on public highways (perhaps because of the number of filaments thing; or perhaps because of the high-up mounting). This could make the thing a cop magnet.

Still, it's interesting. A bit weird looking, mind you, but interesting. HPH

the demo video has the high beams on for comparison.

the 'black-dots' (radio) does not interfer with Rayzer

about leagal or not, i do not know.

They are currently mounted in BMW 3-series touring, but i will mount them on my Outback as soon as possible (within a couple of weeks) and will report back with pictures.

Right now here in sweden we have daylight almost around the clock so they are pretty useless this period of year :)

why don't you just put hid's in ur high beams....i mean, all that rayzer light is to do is make the car look better, so just slapp some nice blue, or white hids on ur high beams......I did that

10,000k and it lights up a path all the way to mars,

then again I have light blue HID's on my low beams so the excess use of the high beams is really just to blind the fcuk outa people that flip me for my low beams being "too bright".......damn light nazi's!!

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

Archived