LegacyGT.com

"Run mode Change System Check"

Question...when your headlights are off, is there ANY current going through the wires at all? Remember, I have an 08 so my high beams are my DRL's.. My HID are low beams. When I disconnected the wiring harness for the HID's from the battery, I didn't un tape the connections from the stock H7 connectors. I'm wondering if they have come untapped and could be touching.... However the HIDs work fine.

I went to the dealer this morning and replaced the HID bulbs with the factory halogens. My car started right up. I always had a problem with the right ballast so I plugged that one back in and it wouldnt restart. I put the halogen back in and it wouldnt start. I'm sorry to assume its the HIDS

^ Wait what...

Halogens in...car starts

You plug the right ballast in only...and the car doesn't start

You put the right halogen in....and the car doesn't start...wtf..

Agreed that you should have removed the HIDs completely before taking it in. If there is even a hint of electrical problems, they will look at the first electrical modification.

I just got a call from the dealershiip. Verdict: Bad Battery.

And even better news they did not give me a hard time about the HID's and they are not billing me for ANYTHING, rental, labor nothing. They didnt have to do that.

P.S. "Built to last, DuraLast!" is a crock of shit... Duralast Gold 800 CA & 640 CCA - Now it tests 64 CA ::)

Carter, I heard you were going to the Seacoast meet. are you?

heh, where did you hear that? SCS? I dont recall saying that, but I'll think about it. When/where is it?

And why? So you can kick my ass lol. :lol::lol:

• 10 years later...

I hope this was resolved Carter; it being ten years now. That’s gonna be one expensive rental. Lol.

My 08 is doing same thing. It started after Inpulled I take and Main Engine harness to get at some cooling system issues, vacuum leaks, and a couple electrical issues. Anyway....I have

Checked all grounds, connectors, and fuses. The ground on the drive Vera side fuel rail protector is tight and both lugs intact. Where did your problem resolve? Also, brand new Optima Red battery showing 12.5 resting voltsb

Archived