LegacyGT.com

Sti Recaros?

BigT

Just got back from the dealership. The new Sti seats are absolute garbage. Honestly they look cheap and of much worse quality than the legacy seats. Any chance of the sti getting a recaros option at some point?

huh? not me. What did I call you for? :lol::lol:

X

Hmmm.... may have my stuff mixed up. Sorry.

Corolla is a very fitting analogy. Do they even think about what people will think of the car, or is it just like slap some shit together and whatever it is they assume people will buy it?

Had a chance to sit in the new STi at the Chicago auto show. Totally agree about the seats... they're just awful. Felt like something out of a base Corolla.

They looked it in various magazine reviews and comparo articles vs the new EVO said the Mitsu's Recaros were far more supportive than the new STi seats. And the Mitsu Recaros now have side airbags in them.

My dealership let me take a a new 08 STi out fr the day. We were having a meet at a local tuner (Agile, FallstonMd) and I told them it would be good exsposure fr the new car;)

And yes,,the seats ain't much compared to my 04 STi seats or my version7 JDM seats.

IMG_6282.jpg.278d0903d2c61eef0881681ea9f92ecb.jpg

IMG_6261.jpg.341ad89df66ad353fd309b28c453c7c3.jpg

IMG_6263.jpg.9eea3e7eb0cbaaeeb7d4284b2a5211e1.jpg

This is what we need in our cars. The STI made recaros with power adjustments for the BL/BP

http://www.japanparts.com/images/ImageFromDB.php?base=1&no=1476

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=6&middlesmall=2%3A17&maker=4&volkey=1006G-110-045

If only i had $7000 to waste for the set.

:drool:

I'd love to rock these seats in my LGT. Do you know if driver/passenger seats are symmetrical, i.e. do they have the same range of adjustments? Are they power? (if so, that's a minus)

I'd love to import a set and retrofit to LGT.

Just get aftermarkets. They'll cost less and you'll probably get better seats.

Air bags. I'd like to retain them. I am hoping the STI Recaros would be compatible with LGT wiriing, but that's not guaranteed obviously.

Not a chance

Why not? These must be interchangeble with regular STI seats. I doubt they would go for the trouble of making the electrical different. Of course they could. So changes are they would interchange with LGT seats.

Anyway, AFAIU, this is a simple electrical trigger which deploys air bag, all that is needed is to make sure the resistance of the bag's circuit matches what the control unit wants. Even if it was different should not be a big deal to make it work.

Why not? These must be interchangeble with regular STI seats. I doubt they would go for the trouble of making the electrical different. Of course they could. So changes are they would interchange with LGT seats.

Anyway, AFAIU, this is a simple electrical trigger which deploys air bag, all that is needed is to make sure the resistance of the bag's circuit matches what the control unit wants. Even if it was different should not be a big deal to make it work.

Theoretically, Yes.... Actually, No.

Reinventing the wheel every time, It's what makes a Subaru a Subaru.

The Sti seats aren't interchangable with Legacy seats.

The Occupancy detector system is extremely complicated in our cars.

Well, new Impreza is based on Legacy - chances are seats would just bolt on. Occupancy detector sucks indeed, STI recaros lack it, and that's allegedly why they didn't make it into the U.S (which is lame as hell excuse)

I'd love to rock these seats in my LGT. Do you know if driver/passenger seats are symmetrical, i.e. do they have the same range of adjustments? Are they power? (if so, that's a minus)

I'd love to import a set and retrofit to LGT.

You might end up with an 8-way adjustable for the passenger and 4-way for the driver. Just a hunch.

As to the airbag detection, ask PGT. He was able to retro an Evo Recaro into his Mini.

Archived