LegacyGT.com

Noob Logger asking some questions

Ryandigi

I attached an excel file with my first logs using enginuity. I am definitely new when it comes to reading these, but a few things pop up that I don't like. ---Actually it wont let me attach 07 office files so here is a snapshot of one of them...

My KC is almost always zero, and dips as low as -4 (some logs have accelerator % and some don't, my bad).

My boost seems low, some logs in relative, some in absolute (I am at 4400 feet elevation, which means my relative atm is absolut atm minus around 12.5 atm).

High timing numbers are good right? Means that it is advancing timing, correct?

Also if anyone knows of a thread or site that explains each parameter in detail would be great so I could educate myself.

I should be babying this thing with those logs huh...or maybe take off my OTS cobb map.

mods are...

Cobb V1 OTS Base map Stage2 (91 Octane)

Gutted DP

STI UP

Thanks

Logs in Word.pdf

Yes that is shift knock, if you can feel it get out of the throttle. I have logged so many runs on my car (over 200) where I can for the most part feel if I am not getting full dynamic advance or it is pulled. As stated you need a clean run from 2K til redline.

When I get home I will send you list of things you should log when you datalog. I can also send you more info on datalogging and reading the log. I give you the stuff that was sent to me. Pm me your email . Bryan
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I didn't realize that shift knock lasted that long after the shift. I thought it was just a quick -KC. Another benefit to the 5eat I guess ;)

Yes in most of the occurances I have logged, it will continue to knock until you come off the gas. Of course only following a shift. In an 5eat I would be really concerned if I encounter knock after shift as you are contantly WOT therefore should be less prone to seeing a lean spike.

thanks for the input. After searching for answers on shift knock the general consensus is nobody seems to be able to tune it out or is even a 100% that it is "real" knock.

I need to do a clean log run, which will happen after my short trip, but it seems like my boost levels are very low for a stage 2 tune. Guess I need that waste gate cycle and see if it is holding.

Archived