LegacyGT.com

Just gotta vent/rant a bit...

sickdrift

So, my cat was out tonight longer than usual. I kept looking up expecting him to be there, but he wasn’t. My wife mentioned something about it, and then told me she needed help putting the sheets on the bed. I grumbled because I was watching TV and hadn’t seen this movie before. I helped my wife make the bed so I could get back to my whiskey and coke, and watch my movie and I see my cat at the door. He looks a bit dejected so I open the door for him. He just sits there and doesn’t do anything. I pick him up and he groans and I notice something wet and glisteny on his back. He's bleeding. I figure he he's been in a fight, but when I put down he starts to heave and just sits down. I call out to my wife and tell her to call the vet (it's currently 8:45pm).

Anyway, 2 hours, and *only* three hundred dollars later I’m holding my cat, pain pills, and two lead bb-gun pellets that were pulled from my cats head. They had to leave one in his back because it would be more risky to get it out than to leave it.

So, maybe my cat went into someone’s backyard and pissed on their valuable __fill in the blank__. So, they kick my cat, throw him over the fence, and hopefully, for my cat’s sake, he's learned his lesson, or at least learned to not go into this persons back yard, and all is well.

Or, maybe my cat goes into someone’s back yard, scratches someone’s baby innocently playing their own yard. I can understand someone even being so upset in the moment that my cat is beaten to death. Fair.

However, when my cat, who is pretty phuckin’ fast by the way, and a mean escape artist, who is always nice to strangers is shot multiple times by someone wielding a pellet gun, I can only assume malicious intent by said shooter, not too different from the behavior of profiled murderers, I get pretty pissed. Not to mention the money I had to spend to hopefully insure my cat’s health. If I’m pissed off at an animal, and lacked self control, I reach for something and throw it at it, or kick at it. But to be able to shoot my cat with a pellet gun, unless held by a professional, three times and hit it, I can only assume the cat was cornered or restrained and shot at close range. Pussies.

I’ll be keeping my cat indoors now, despite his anticipated displeasure. I will also be hanging out in my backyard now listening for pellet guns being fired, and planning retribution for my cat’s injuries, and dent to my wallet.

Bullet's (my fittingly named cat) new gangsta mug shot

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5084/cathole2pv0.jpg

dude that sucks...

i'm a big cat guy myself.

Our current cat loves to be outside and goes EVERYWHERE.

I would break every window in whomever's house it was that did that kind of a thing to my cat.

I hate cats, but I love this one. ;) I will probably never figure out who did it, but that won't keep me from trying. Thanks for the kind words btw.

F**k man! That is just not right! I hope it was just not some kids having fun with a BB gun, and one of the other scenarios that you mention.

It is always good how cats always make it back home no matter how injured they are. I had one that got run down by a car, and still made it back home. He was in serious care for like two weeks until he got better.

GL

X

---

I have two cats myself and have grown up always being around animals, so I know that must suck to have one of them hurt.

Why, though, do you let them run around outside? They don't inherently need to be outside and can be perfectly happy staying in --and will probably live a longer life

i thought about using a pellet gun on cats that were using my car as a walking pad...you cant just go up to a cat on your car...they dig in the claws to run away. sorry about the cat, but if its out and about, you dont know what it did...

atleast you know it wasnt michael vick!

If you see any kids or teenagers in your neighborhood with bb guns, id go break some legs..... :mad:

I have cats, love animals, whoever did that needs a beating...

"I know youre seven... I know youre seven..." ;)

Actually, it may even be worth putting up some flyers saying, "does your child/husband have a BB gun?" With a picture of the injured cat and your phone number.

Maybe little Johnnies mother will give you a call?

Again guys, thanks for the suggestions and kind words. Other than being super spooked by everything right now, he seems to be well.

Like I said before, if he was damaging someones property, or injuring someones child I understand an angry response that would result in pulling out the pellet gun and landing a pellet in his hide. But for them to have the time to shoot him, load another pellet by hand, shoot him, load another pellet by hand and shoot him again, I think thats just abusive and malicious. They probably had him cornered, and thats not the way to treat any living thing. If you're gonna kill it, then kill it, but pumping an animal full of low power pellets is more akin to torture.

Anyway, we'll probably retire his claws and make him stay indoors for now on.

Actually, it may even be worth putting up some flyers saying, "does your child/husband have a BB gun?" With a picture of the injured cat and your phone number.

Maybe little Johnnies mother will give you a call?

Thats my next move. At the very least I can warn my neighbors with pets as well to the danger.

Anyway, we'll probably retire his claws and make him stay indoors for now on.

Not my choice, but I wouldnt get rid of the claws. Likely nothing happend except he crossed the path of the wrong teenaged idiots. Cats dont really damage property, I mean yeah they can piss on things and yeah they could scratch some stuff up, but more than likely it is someones tree or bushes not their car. They tend not to really obliterate random items like a dog might.

Taking away the claws would add insult to injury imho, no more defenses at all, plus its like cutting off your fingers! right through the bones!

Don't de-claw the cat! My sister did that to her cat and it went psycho. I kid you not.

I believe it! I have two cats, one was ill and had to spend 3-4 nights at the vet. It has NEVER been the same since, and it didnt even need surgery.

The cat will no longer do #2 in the litter box, and sometimes wont do #1 there either. Is it rebellion, maybe? Did the cat get too freaked out at a scary vet? Maybe?

I dunno, but I would really recommend that you find the dicks that shot your cat, and let the cat relax with some catnip and a big bowl of food. :)

I believe it! I have two cats, one was ill and had to spend 3-4 nights at the vet. It has NEVER been the same since, and it didnt even need surgery.

The cat will no longer do #2 in the litter box, and sometimes wont do #1 there either. Is it rebellion, maybe? Did the cat get too freaked out at a scary vet? Maybe?

I dunno, but I would really recommend that you find the dicks that shot your cat, and let the cat relax with some catnip and a big bowl of food. :)

I hear you guys. My intent is just to protect him, definately not to punish him. I'm just super upset right now.

To the OP: File a police report just so that the authorities have been properly notified and the incident goes on the record.

Cruelty to animals is a criminal offence, might be a good idea.

Plus the kids that abuse animals like that usually tend to turn out to be serial killers anyways....

damn man that is just horrible, i feel for you and your cat.

i've never been a cat person but "inherited" two that my g/f has before we met an di love them both. one is like a bad ass and the other is scared of his own shadow.

i can't stand hearing stories like this with people being cruel to animals, i just dont get what makes some people tick. i hope you find the trash that did this to your cat and beat the ever lovin piss out of them (literally until they piss themselves). If not I'm sure life will take care of it for you, sh*t like this just doesnt go unpunished. karma can be a MFer.

I'm glad your cat is back home and safe

Archived