LegacyGT.com

Pzero Nero M+S - Horrible Tramlining

nekdut

Is anyone else having this issue? I just got a new set of 225/45-17 Pzero Nero M+Ss and I am having terrible tramlining issues. If any of you socalers know our freeways, many of them are concrete with little lines running mostly parallel to the lanes. These cause my car to dart around quite a bit and it feels really unstable. On any other surfaces, the tires feel fine. Is there anything I can do about this or am I screwed here?

One of the big reasons I went with the Goodyear F1. I try to avoid any tread pattern with wide straight grooves, they will inevitably tramline on SoCal freeways. Sorry, but I don't think there's anything you can do to correct it.

You could try constantly changing lanes, that way you're never parellel with the grooves. ;)

i haven't had any problems like that with mine. the problems I see are they are terrible when it is very cold and have started to get noisy after about 8-10k miles. I'm pretty sure I will not get another set.

dunno about jersey freeway, but so cal freeway are terribles..

I have em. Under impressed in wet conditions and really really bad in the snow. I don't have tramlining issues however - they are pretty stable for me. The center 'bar' (for lack of a better word) is used to aide in stability I know. I thought that would help to eliminate some of the problem.

I only got these b/c I only had 3 to choose from in my 215/45-18 size (A/S). These were just the less of the 3 evils. I am a big fan of the toyo proxes 4, but again, i know that won't help you right now. How about toying with the inflation PSI a bit? What are they set at now?

Yep, the PZeros tramline A LOT and it really doesn't change much with the tire's age. I wish I had known that too before getting them. One option is see if a tire store would take used tires -- some do.

Archived