LegacyGT.com

LGT or Mazdaspeed6?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont know who your are referring to since you quoted yourself, but i know the LGT isnt the best car its my fun DD, i have a 500+rwhp supra thats my power car. I know the LGT isnt the best car ever, but it handles well, it has good power and enough trq to put me in my seat and thats what i wanted. You may have wanted some baller handleing and the get up and go of a baby goose and you did it. We all win yay. As far as daily drivers go, it has AWD i have driven the car on days where there is over 10 inchs of snow, i have also done 0-60 in 5.7 seconds and i have gotten 28mpg freeway, it also has a big enough back seat for a baby seat which i need. So its everything i want in a car that i use for family purposes as well as soem fun when my baby isnt in the car. Have you ever driven a legacy BTW?

First off, before we continue, I'd REALLY appreciate if you read ANYTHING I wrote regarding "Why I am on this board." That'd be a good baseline of understanding before you try to 'convince me' the LGT is a good DD or family-car or whatever.

If you read "why I am here" maybe you'd see I don't need to be convinced of the car's capabilities. Maybe then you'd understand I LIKE the LGT. Hopefully you'd learn I am old enough and secure enough to LIKE something without that something being 'the best' or even 'great' compared to any other car in it's price range. Maybe?

Give it up, dude. Why are you even on this website? You take a stab at the Legacy with an RX8, of course a few people are going to get defensive. I found it disrespectful. Are you going to keep going on and on and on?

After everything I've posted in the last day or so, in this very thread, are you REALLY asking why am I on this site?

Seriously? REALLY? Wow. That tells me nothing I can write from this point on will get through to you; at least until your ego heals up from my 'disrespect'. Never mind the fact I've said time and again I LIKE the LGT, and I plan to PURCHASE the LGT for my "Family Car". Never mind the fact I've lauded the LGT in many threads. Never mind the fact I've been fairly active in the "Cars for Sale" forum PM'ing and posting to several sellers.

www.hop.com

Might help, bro. Maybe.

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

I'm not following you around and checking all your posts, so I had no idea. I just saw some Legacy bashing and I found it disrespectful. Maybe I read the wrong post, but you made it seem like the RX8 is such a better car. I love my Legacy and I am an enthusiast. I've dumped a lot of money and hard work into my car and I do race it on a few tracks. Why the Legacy platform? Because nobody realizes what it is capable of and not many people race them. I apologize for immediately getting defensive, but I think you kind of took this too far...

I dont need a car to be the greatest ever either, but the rx8 is far from great, it handles good thats all you have, its just my opinion but you dont see mto like it so ill say it again, is there alot of room in the cars not really, good power not really, can it tow alot no, can it offroad no, is it cool looking NO. The car in my eyes is useless thats why i dont like it. It handles well thats all you got, im not getting mad or worked up like you keep posting. I will admit when good cars are good cars, but the rx8 is useless in my eyes. Dont compare the lotus to the rx8 ever again, that car maybe make low power but i have seen low 13s even 12s out of slightly modded ones the rx8 wont be running that stock.

Well, maybe you should read what he wrote at least in this topic to see how it all started. I don't think dmp is off-base and I've been following the topic.

05GT Guru, you were also saying Nissan's VQ35DE engine was crap because it can't handle like over 600hp. Like I said ... perspective ... I won't judge your opinion because you're entitled to it and, if I had what you have in your garage I'd probably think the same. But the fact is the RX-8 sells and it's far from useless. It's not meant to tow, not meant to go off-road, looks are subjective.

I dont need a car to be the greatest ever either, but the rx8 is far from great, it handles good thats all you have, its just my opinion but you dont see mto like it so ill say it again, is there alot of room in the cars not really, good power not really, can it tow alot no, can it offroad no, is it cool looking NO. The car in my eyes is useless thats why i dont like it. It handles well thats all you got, im not getting mad or worked up like you keep posting. I will admit when good cars are good cars, but the rx8 is useless in my eyes. Dont compare the lotus to the rx8 ever again, that car maybe make low power but i have seen low 13s even 12s out of slightly modded ones the rx8 wont be running that stock.

my money says any driver in an rx-8 will own you at a track with turns in any car regardless of power.

Rx-8s are prob one of the best handling cars produced for reasonable money. Yeah they dont have the power of previous gens but they werent intended to, they still own FD rx-7s at the track.

You can add power to anything and get it going fast in a straight line, big deal. Our LGTs would get owned at a track stock for stock vs the RX-8, it would be like the miata vs viper video...

I love LGTs but c'mon they arent the "king of cars" ;):lol:

And 20 yr old dude, you come across as being that age, sorry man, reread your posts in a few years and youll understand...theres more to life and cars than living one 1/4 mile at a time... :lol:

Im not trying to say the rx8 is the worst car ever, im just saying for what do with my cars its useless, yes it handles great but it lacks for me in everyother area. If any of read what im saying you wont have to tell me they handle well, in almost all of my last 10 posts i wrote the rx8 handle good or great but thats not what i really car about. So stop telling me how well they can handle, i dont give a shit cars need to do more than handle.

Never once did i say my LGT would take your rx8 track, i bet in a straight line or on the streets i could out run you. Because thats where i learned how to drive. For street racing the LGT is far better than that rx8

I'm not following you around and checking all your posts, so I had no idea. I just saw some Legacy bashing and I found it disrespectful. Maybe I read the wrong post, but you made it seem like the RX8 is such a better car. I love my Legacy and I am an enthusiast. I've dumped a lot of money and hard work into my car and I do race it on a few tracks. Why the Legacy platform? Because nobody realizes what it is capable of and not many people race them. I apologize for immediately getting defensive, but I think you kind of took this too far...

I'm talking about just my comments in THIS thread right here, man. I apologize - I honestly had no idea some folk thought "slower around a race track" was an insult.

I know ALL ABOUT trying to surprise people. EVERY CAR I'VE HAD in my adult life has been a 'yeah, but' car. Look at my most-recent 3.

"Yeah but it's as fast as your corvette!" (Probe GT)

"Yeah but it handles SOO WELL" (Miata)

"Yeah but it seats FOUR ADULTS" (rx8).

I'm just saying RELAX some. Realize a car can be Fantastic to it's owner and STILL not be 'the best' at something. Realize 'slower than' is NOT an insult. Know that two cars being in a different class (the LGT is a sedan, the RX8 is a sports car) doesn't mean one is better than the other.

My Miata (16.5 @ 80-something mph) was MOUNTAINS slower than my Probe (13.8 @ 106mph) GT. Yet my Miata was more reliable, more fun to drive, and taught me a LOT more about not relying on the gas pedal to correct my driving errors.

That's all I'm saying bro - Each car - the LGT and the RX8 have strong and weak points. I know what my RX8 can do on the track - i've seen them do wicked-cool (sorry for the New Jersey slipping out) crap. I know as long as they aren't required to accelerate in a straight line, they'll SCREAM around a track.

Cool?

Dont compare the lotus to the rx8 ever again, that car maybe make low power but i have seen low 13s even 12s out of slightly modded ones the rx8 wont be running that stock.

Also rx8s have 160trq at the crank, thats pathetic in any sports car, whether its built to handle or go fast.

So -Can you answer my question? Is 160lbs-ft 'pathetic' in ANY sports car?

Is the Lotus 'pathetic'? Is 'power' the problem? Make up your mind.

It's clear you judge a car's worth or awesomeness by it's quarter-mile time. How nice.

Now go buy a Legacy. :p

yeah - I wish it were that easy. Every one so far either doesn't have leather, or has black paint (After two black cars - the pgt and the miata, no more black cars for me), or I simply can't get good access to pics/info or whatever.

SOMEBODY, at SOME TIME will be selling a LGT spec.B, or LGT Limited with Cobb, a few pipe mods, and less than 50k miles...then I'll buy it.

There's a spec.B in Jersey I've got my eye on - but awaiting more photos and what-not.

:)

my money says any driver in an rx-8 will own you at a track with turns in any car regardless of power.

Rx-8s are prob one of the best handling cars produced for reasonable money. Yeah they dont have the power of previous gens but they werent intended to, they still own FD rx-7s at the track.

You can add power to anything and get it going fast in a straight line, big deal. Our LGTs would get owned at a track stock for stock vs the RX-8, it would be like the miata vs viper video...

I love LGTs but c'mon they arent the "king of cars" ;):lol:

And 20 yr old dude, you come across as being that age, sorry man, reread your posts in a few years and youll understand...theres more to life and cars than living one 1/4 mile at a time... :lol:

And there is more to life than road courses, i may only be 20 i have my own place a daughter, and 2 cars and i just got rid of 2 cars. I have more money and life experinces than you did at 20 i can guarantee that. Comparing people by age is ignorant, some people at age 30 still dont know whats goin on.

Well I'll say this, dpm, you've been very polite about this whole discussion.

I respect the 8, but don't like its looks or the fact that its not a 7.

I really miss the RX-7. Now that I reflect on it though, my Turbo II wasn't the best handling car I've owned, so I'll believe you when you say the 8 is a better track car than the 7 was.

I'm a 1/4 mile guy myself, and find such measuring of a vehicles performance to be more in line with real world driving. I'd be much more likely to try get in front of an RX-8 from a stoplight when my lane ends in 200 feet, than try to weave around expressway traffic to keep up with one.

A can't help myself from short quick bursts of speed, but would never play expressway games because thats when innocent people stand a higher chance of getting hurt.

You are probably the type that would do no type of street racing, but I'm not, and so I'm just telling you where I'm coming from. The 1/4 mile stats are the #1 determining factor when I evaluate ownership of a vehicle. Looks and manufacturing quality come in a close 2nd.

The RX-7 had all three, the RX-8 only has one in my book -- I respect Mazda. Looks and straight line performance are not up to par, IMO.

I'm not sure the 8 is 'better' as a track car than the rx7...I'm sure some would argue the opposite is true.

I've been known to do a little run, now and again...just lately, I prefer off-ramps to intersections. ;)

:D

You're honest and reasonable in your opinions, Whitestar. :beers: to you.

Who is 'they', mazda?

I can speculate.

First, 230 crank hp, NA = better than 255hp on boost.

:) Cheaper. Greater reliability. Cleaner Emissions? Maybe?

If by 'they' you mean 'Somebody' - Check out pettit racing. Or Mazsport.

:D

By they i meant mazda i have seen turbo rx8s, i meant from factory. Im not saying make the same hp as previous years, make around 280-300. That could easily be done if mazda would get to it. Not to mention it would greatly help the trq. The rx7 may have only made 255hp but it was at 220 trq, only 25more hp but 60 more trq.

I was trying to answer your question - not convince you of anything. And with the right gearing, torque doesn't matter. Frankly, I'm MORE of a fan of HP, anyway. :) Both is ideal...both + good gearing.

I have more money and life experinces than you did at 20 i can guarantee that. Comparing people by age is ignorant, some people at age 30 still dont know whats goin on.

By 20, I had my own business, an RX-7 and had lived in and travelled to 20 countries, sorry dude.

Archived