LegacyGT.com

Post your Favorite CIGAR...

SpecBee

Flor de Rafael Gonzales Lonsdale mmmmm (cuban, but awesome)

Otherwise for en everyday smoke, I have never, ever, ever had a single bad cigar from Don Tomas.

They are not expensive at all, honduran, handmade and excellent. I highly recommend them.

We get cubans in canada and Ive had lots, I would say 75% of them had terrible draws (bought from good cigar shops) and cost over $25 each...waste of money

You can get a box of Don Tomas for ~$80....

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny you mention that....the other night my Wife was at work, my little one was in bed, and for NH in March, we were having a heat wave- it was a whopping 42 out!

I put on a hat, coat and gloves, lit a smoke, grabbed a tennis ball, and relaxed for about 20 minutes.

It was great.

I prefer Partagas Serie P No 2 and about anything from Cuaba (made in Romeo y Julieta factory in Habana) but much less expensive.

Andrew Andersen, you cant get the Cohibas' made in Cuba legally in the US but they do sell the Cohibas' that are made in the DR or Honduras. Albeit there not as good as the Cubans.

My brother inlaw works as the Partagas factory in Centro Habana and brings home cigars that dont pass inspection for retail sale.

I had my share on our last trip back to visit family.

I'll post up my humidor soon... it's pretty full of Cuban goodness, as I am a lucky Canadian who has no trade issues with Cuba!:lol:

If I'm going to spend money, I usually buy Monte #3's and if I want to save some money I go with a nice R&J.

But I was given a box of Cohiba Siglo 2's about 4 years back and still have some.

The Siglo 2 is too much smoke and flavor for me and I usually give them away as re-gifts, seeing as they are over $40.00 per cigar.

The funny thing is that I don't smoke anymore... I've cut out all forms of cigar and cigarillo smoking as of about a year ago, now I just have this nice humidor sitting around waiting for friends to come over!:redface:

Yay for no embargo's!

Pic of my humidor...

Anyone is welcome to come over and help me smoke these! They're just sitting all alone up in my bedroom... un-smoked.:lol:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/gireland/SNV32554.jpg

Pic of my humidor...

Anyone is welcome to come over and help me smoke these! They're just sitting all alone up in my bedroom... un-smoked.:lol:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c23/gireland/SNV32554.jpg

1) Why is there a scorpion in your humidor. :lol:

2) If you lived closer I would drive up and buy your COHIBAs from you. :)

• 1 year later...
Guest heightsgtltd

Yeah I have been thinking about that too. Plus I would love to be able to fly direct to Cuba..

I haven't had a cigar in a while..this thread has me jonesing..

Yeah I have been thinking about that too. Plus I would love to be able to fly direct to Cuba..

Yes, me too. I've had about 6 Cuban Cigars in my life and one or two I really enjoyed. The others did not do much for me. I think that most of the hype about Cubans is due to the legality of acquiring them kinda like naughty sex. I'm hoping that the flood of cuban cigars will drive down the cost of all cigars plus the additional variety will be enjoyable as well.

I started again, my friend. I was worried about health/ life insurance and it made me quit for a year, but I'm back on it again!

Come up to Vancouver and we'll have a Cuban cigar smoke storm.

Much to Mrs Gire's dismay.:lol:

Edit- this offer is open to anyone coming up to my neck of the woods!

still too scared to try to smoke one :lol::lol:
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

They are pretty scary. :lol:

no I mean I'm scared that I'll start smoking cigarrettes again if I have a cigar. It's been over a year & a half since I quit & I dont wanna mess with it.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.