LegacyGT.com

#1 reason not to go HID

mwiener2

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I now know why I won't be upgrading to HID. We were driving about 80. Cop pulls us over, 3 cars back into the line. I am 100% sure that the only reason he pulled us over and not someone else in the line was because we had HID's

^How Mwiener's post translates...

HID makes people speed.:confused:

Speeding gets you tickets.:mad:

Tickets cause DENIAL.:lol:

Still classic. Still funny.

EDIT: Should "still classic" have read "an oldie but a goodie":confused:

get a valentine, legacy's with projector or perfectly legal!!! And believe me I had my halogen's for about 2 weeks, and upgraded to HID and it had a wider view over the stock.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34714&d=1175689871

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34683&d=1175636074

^How Mwiener's post translates...

^ Not directed at you - just a general "holy thread revival!" :lol:

OK, to focus on what mweiner2 had posted -

The simple truth of the matter is that anything that gets your vehicle more noticed does just that: it gets your vehicle more noticed.

It could be the good kind of thing - random hot chicks (yeah right!) or fellow car-nuts.

Or it could be bad: thieves, and vandals.

And yes, even enforcement.

If you live in an area where there's not a lot of vehicles with HIDs, and your car is equipped with either aftermarket or OEM HIDs, guess what? Your car is going to attract more notice.

And anything that stands-out as being apart from the norm will attract enforcement attention, period - just like that creepy guy cruising around at 3AM in his beat-up PedoBear kidnap van, in the middle of an affluent suburb. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

yeah that's a pretty crappy assumption or the cop is just being unfair...

more HIDs please

I now know why I won't be upgrading to HID. We were driving in a line of cars going about 80 and we were the only car with HID (Audi Allroad). Cop tags the guy in the front with K band and pulls us over, 3 cars back into the line. I am 100% sure that the only reason he pulled us over and not someone else in the line was because we had HID's and he felt,"get the guy with the fancy car". To strenghten my point, he didn't write us a speeding ticket, he gave us a traffic light violation citation. Probly cause he knew we were just following traffic and it wasn't fair that we got nailed and not the guy up front.

So that's why i won't be upgrading to HID. Now can a cop tell the difference between a projector Halogen and an HID....I hope so?

yeah that's a pretty crappy assumption or the cop is just being unfair...

^ Exactly, it's not unfair, it's just the situation - it's not unexpected, at all, given either human nature or just the nature of enforcement.

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

If you have genuine projector lamps and you use 4300-4500K, aim them properly, you won't have any problems. It's the ricers who use 12k in sealed lamps that ruin it for everyone else.

Not classic.:rolleyes:

Not funny.:mad:

If you have genuine projector lamps and you use 4300-4500K, aim them properly, you won't have any problems.

It's the ricers who use 12k in sealed lamps that ruin it for everyone else.

I never meant it to be funny, or classic. I have never once gotten the high beam blast from on coming drivers with my HID's. My Sylvania silver stars, (last for about a month) I got beamed every night.

I never meant it to be funny, or classic. I have never once gotten the high beam blast from on coming drivers with my HID's. My Sylvania silver stars, (last for about a month) I got beamed every night.

I was not bagging on you, more the ricers nothing being funny or classing or remotely street legal but yeah, your post was dry when the OP post from years ago still got snorts of laughter.

Hey, at least you are not like me - funny only to yourself.!:lol:

Archived