LegacyGT.com

VA cops, hating on my exhaust

SUBBROS

1. Radar Detectors - They can no longer confiscate as owning one is not illegal, just using one on the road. They can write down the model and SN. It is an equipment violation, not moving violation. Just a fine, no points.

2. 80+MPH is wreckless in VA. If stopped in a 65MPH zone, be apologetic and the trooper will often reduce to simple speeding.

3. Troopers will contest exhaust mods, especially when loud. Mine is far from stock and no issues yet.

4. Tint will be verified with a meter. Max of 80% transmission (or 20% blocked on front door windows.

5. Racing is automatic wreckless, night in jail, and impounding car. Fines usually high enough to force sale of car.

I thought tint was 50% transmission in the front?

I know. All suck, but somehow VA is noticeably worse.

Out of NE, Maine is surprisingly civil and devoid of LLBs. Must be Canadian influence - drivers in Maritime provinces are very decent.

I think it's more population density. In Western MA, if you're on a back road people always wave - they figure if you're on that road they must know you.

It's been a long, long time since you could tell the rural New England drivers by the tractor turns....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

VA sucks, I work there and live in MD. Let's just say apparent wreckless driving (though i think speeding is different than wreckless) landed me in both the wife klink and physical klink for a little.

What really pisses me off is I see this a$$^ driving about 80 and cutting in and out of traffic, not signaling, and cutting people off. They get away. Make no mistake VA cops target out of state drivers.

Troopers can/will give you shit for anything they can easily identify as aftermarket. If SPT is dealer installed and you can prove it, i would imagine they MIGHT back down, though there was the case of the guy in fairfax that had to go to court for the hood scoop on his sti being illegal :lol:

And I thought the ny guys guys getting massive "Wale Tail Wing" tickets for their oem evo wings was bad.

VA sucks, I work there and live in MD. Let's just say apparent wreckless driving (though i think speeding is different than wreckless) landed me in both the wife klink and physical klink for a little.

What really pisses me off is I see this a$$^ driving about 80 and cutting in and out of traffic, not signaling, and cutting people off. They get away. Make no mistake VA cops target out of state drivers.

Eh I could say that I got more attetion with tx and oh tags than my va tags in this area.

You dont have to worry as long as you dont have va plates.

Actually, the worst state for cops is Ohio. Pretty much all of them are on a power trip and will pull you for whatever they feel like.

I got a ticket once for doing 10 over when I was doing 10 under. Ohio is just one huge money making trap.

Where i'm from in ohio you can get 26 in a 26 with 4 cop cars behind you on a traffic stop.

The only way to stop this stuff is to get on a jury trial in which a cop testifies, then vote not guilty no matter how guilty the defendant may be. Hate to say it but I don't know a better way to let cops know if they're going to waste your time with trivial traffic stops, then payback is going to be a b!tch.

My brother-n-law got a reckless driving ticket in VA for doing 20-over the limit. No doubt he was speeding, but the circumstances were interesting. Unbeknownst to him he was following for 12 miles an unmarked vehicle that was doing 20mph over the limit. When the officer (jerk) got to where he was going, he pulled my in-law over and gave him a reckless ticket. Isn't it great to live in a police state of do as I say, not as I do.

The only way to stop this stuff is to get on a jury trial in which a cop testifies, then vote not guilty no matter how guilty the defendant may be. Hate to say it but I don't know a better way to let cops know if they're going to waste your time with trivial traffic stops, then payback is going to be a b!tch.

My brother-n-law got a reckless driving ticket in VA for doing 20-over the limit. No doubt he was speeding, but the circumstances were interesting. Unbeknownst to him he was following for 12 miles an unmarked vehicle that was doing 20mph over the limit. When the officer (jerk) got to where he was going, he pulled my in-law over and gave him a reckless ticket. Isn't it great to live in a police state of do as I say, not as I do.

Yeah I tend to stay a few cars back. I almost passed up a charger the other day doing the speed limit till I saw the "target speed" window of the radar on his dash. I live like a block away so I see every unmarked traffic car. Theres even a unmarked f-250 with a camper. WTF? Where I am from unmarked cars are not legit. police has to be on the car to do traffic stops. Other thing that was not legit is "blackout mode" on survailance of traffic.

R you saying that your wife got locked up too for speeding ?

ohio. they got around it by having police in black letters on a black car.

Funny, the FBI did the same thing with the letters on a helicopter to meet the Federal Regs.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Isn't it great to live in a police state of do as I say, not as I do.

I feel like no matter where I am, I always see off duty police speeding recklessly. Then you have the ones speeding recklessly ON duty. My friend was hit by a police cruiser on the beltway when the officer, while in pursuit of a speed offender reportedly exceeding 100mph, lost control of his car and hit my friend and then the jersey wall. And of course afterwards he placed all of the blame on my friend who was "in his way."

Very remeniscent of this:

http://www.gazette.net/stories/021508/prinnew144336_32373.shtml

Shit something like that almost happend to me on 270 3 seperate times in a row at like 3 am. I was going 65-70 cops shot past me in far left then the middle lane and almost hit me when i tried to move out the way a$$ swerved wide to miss me.
Mr.350

I got the same ticket for my Greddy exhaust about a month ago. They said it was louder than normal. I asked the cop if he had heard the difference between my car and a catless V8 and his response was that he pulls over everyone when he gets the chance. I think its mainly northern va....I don't deal with this when I am at in Roanoke where my parents live.

I've been pulled over for speeding with visually & noticeably louder then stock exhausts twice in the last two years without issue. SW Pa is pretty easy going in that regard IMO.

I have to say that NJ drivers (NJ Audi drivers in particular) have the worst road manners I've ever experienced. But overall the NE is notorious for ppl driving slow in the passing lane, and ppl not allowing you to merge when both lanes are completely clear.

I'll merge right in front of drivers when the passing lane is clear, which typically results in them high beaming me, or reckless tail-gating.

I got the same ticket for my Greddy exhaust about a month ago. They said it was louder than normal. I asked the cop if he had heard the difference between my car and a catless V8 and his response was that he pulls over everyone when he gets the chance. I think its mainly northern va....I don't deal with this when I am at in Roanoke where my parents live.

Damn you too? I remember acooper getting pulled for that trying to meet mr_luv for partout. Are my old stock cans loud or was original cans swapped back on?

Archived