LegacyGT.com

07 5eat grenaded

hammerhead

this a follow up to my thread about the snapped drive shaft. i recieved a call from subaru @ 10:30 am est. the tranny has grenaded and subaru says it's the first 07 to do so. the car only has 10k miles on it. i've been stage 2 for about 4k -4500k miles. the car has NEVER been power braked. i'm waiting for the SOA rep to arrive and decline my warranty claim. so IPT here i come :lol:

i went for the 5eat for 2 reason's: 1. i remember when i had a wrx that the 5mt were glass, 2. my fiance' can't drive stick and refuses to learn. so, as i see it's her fault and she will have to sell or lose her engagement ring for the insuarance $ :lol: side note, jewish chicks are to good to drive a 5mt.

Man that sucks for you dude.

I'm an 05 5EAT and I've got over 50k on my car with powerbraking and the occasional sliding around with no problems at all.

I bought my 5EAT for the same reason as you did though... :lol: I regret it everyday since its not as fun to drive so I constantly am stealing my old car from my brother to drive around.

Man that sucks for you dude.

I'm an 05 5EAT and I've got over 50k on my car with powerbraking and the occasional sliding around with no problems at all.

I bought my 5EAT for the same reason as you did though... :lol: I regret it everyday since its not as fun to drive so I constantly am stealing my old car from my brother to drive around.

i don't regret buying a 5EAT in the slightest. :) I love mine. and yes, I think most people know I power brake and beat the tranny to hell. I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has. I'm actually bummed that I won't be able to take the tranny with me when I pick up my 08 STI.

Sucks to hear about your 5EAT. good luck!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

How? :iam:

i don't know. i'm also not gonna ask. i'm just thankfull. i'm sure it's marked as a "good will" warranty. from what i am told, subaru felt i had a clean warranty record. i will be flaged in the future for any other warranty issues.

How do you break the drive shaft? Do you drive hard a lot?
the shaft broke at the input end. and no i wouldn't say i drive hard. i never launch the car. and i really can't fgun the car from a stop, because of the 1-2 shift problem. when i was ecuteked the REV BOOST RESUME was never changed. that's another story. so, no i can't drive hard :lol:

Ask your techs to put in an upgraded valve body, you know, seeing as it is apart anyways.:lol:

Glad you got warranty.;)

the new tranny is a whole unit. they don't rebuild the a/t. i went out to celebrate the occasion. now i am drunk and banging into work tomorrow :lol:

Archived