LegacyGT.com

What is this button for?

is there a way to retrofit a JDM rear wiper, that would be so nice.

what about the electronic folding mirrors, i use that on my parents touareg all the time?

You have to order the OE rear windshield, the motor assembly and wiring from Subaru of Japan to make it work for the car. Expect to pay about $700 to $1000 just for that fitment.

Keefe

Keefe

You have to order the OE rear windshield, the motor assembly and wiring from Subaru of Japan to make it work for the car. Expect to pay about $700 to $1000 just for that fitment.

Keefe

Or a diamond tipped-hole cutter.

btw, aren't there junk yards in japan? There have got to be some good wrecks to take parts off.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Jedi, hardwire the Turbonator to power up when the key turns to the "On" position, so that it can assist the electric starter. Use the button to cycle the intercooler fans.

:eek: Genius! What the hell was I thinking? :eek:

It's Subaru's version of stability control called Vehicle Dynamics Control and, in the US, it only comes on the Outback 3.0 R VDC Wagon.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Okay, I will second opening the manual. I already said what the button is for. Somebody even posted the correct page telling you what the button is for.

Then somebody goes and posts a pic of the VDC button hours later and asks what it is? Bah!

Don't mind me, just grumpy because all tthe snow is melting, no more nicely covered areas for the Soobie to frolic in. Booo!

-B

Thanks guys, I appreciate everyone's help in describing the button.

I went to the dealer to order myself a VDC button. And they gave me such a hard time, they didnt want to deal with me. They said I need a cars VIN with the VDC to look it up and order it. I went outside and checked all the cars in the lot, not one with it. It must be a JDM thing.

-KevinH

KevinH

• 16 years later...
I have a US 05 Legacy GT Limited, it had the rear windshield wiper de icer but I came across a switch panel with the rear windshield de icer on the left and traction control on the right on eBay, I ordered that and I installed it yesterday/the other day, but I still need the traction control wiring harness

• 3 weeks later...