LegacyGT.com

Anybody encounter this?

Mine gets really hot that I have to turn it down, but it doesnt burn. I usually turn it on high when its cold, and then turn it down once my car is warmed up. 1 or 2 is the perfect setting for me.

I never understood the idea of turning it to max, then turning the seat down to 1 or 2 when it is warm. If I am not mistaken, it doesn't heat up any faster. It is either ON, or OFF. the settings of 1 to 4 simply set a point that they shut off. So on 4 setting they take longer to shut off and turn on more frequently, but they don't heat up any faster. You must also get in the car, turn the auto climate to 85, then turn it down to 70...... :) Kinda similar thing to me.

Anybody agree with that?? I leave mine on 1 almost all the time. Somtimes I go to 2 if it is below 0 outside. This morning it was -2 when I drove in and I had to shut if off. I was sweating in places you dont' really want to be sweating :lol: Bit winter jacket makes a big difference too.

This is why you might want to have it looked at if it is really hot even on 1.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/dil222/seatwarmer.jpg

Ha ha, that's my pic, awesome.... As I posted in my other thread, the burning oil smell that my car sometimes has seems to now be gone too, it's a possibility the arcing was burning the leather and that's what I was smelling, it had burned through the element fabric... I sent the entire fabric back to my Subaru rep....

sometimes I cant tell the difference between 2 and 4. Both feel about the same.

do these have sensors (like some passenger airbags) where they dont turn on until your sitting in them? cuz when i get in my car after warming it up the seat doesnt feel like it warms up until im actually sitting in it.

do these have sensors (like some passenger airbags) where they dont turn on until your sitting in them? cuz when i get in my car after warming it up the seat doesnt feel like it warms up until im actually sitting in it.

That sounds plausible, and there shall be a thermostat too, but if either fails you will either get no heat or too much...

453747.png

sometimes I cant tell the difference between 2 and 4. Both feel about the same.

I have found the same thing. I don't think it's a sensor though. I think it's just that when you are not sitting in it, the thermostat can't get an accurate measurement. It turns on and turns off real quick as the area around the thermostat gets warm. Now when you sit on it, you compress everything and the thermostat can accurately measure the seat temp.

Just my guess anyway.

I work with a Brazilian guy and whenever we go out for lunch, my GF's got her side on from the night before or something, we'll start driving and he goes: "I am Brasilian man, we don't like to have fire under our ass!" :lol: :lol:

I was dying laughing the first time it happened! :lol:

I have found the same thing. I don't think it's a sensor though. I think it's just that when you are not sitting in it, the thermostat can't get an accurate measurement. It turns on and turns off real quick as the area around the thermostat gets warm. Now when you sit on it, you compress everything and the thermostat can accurately measure the seat temp.

Just my guess anyway.

Or possibly the heat transfer doesn't occur through the leather until enough pressure is put on it... at any rate, mine works the same way... it also cycles...

Archived