LegacyGT.com

My Russian Neighbor...

What he meant to say was "My Rushin' Neighbor" as in the guy is in such a hurry he rushed into his 2.5i.

This reminds me of a time I was banned from another forum for starting a thread about a car "for rappers, powerball winners and professional athletes" when the Veyron came out because I was being racist. I thought I was just referring to people with a lot of money who like flashy cars.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I seriously doubt they would key my car. I only work here, not live here. I've been very nice to them before. When one of their daughters parked her car in a handicapped spot late at night, coming home drunk from a club, I was there at their doorstep in the morning to let them know that it's almost 12pm and any minute they'll get ticketed for alternate street parking and the handicapped spot. Their son (17-18?) is a cool kid and always says hello to me and my co-workers. I thought we were on good terms. That's why it was even more of a shock to me when they ignored me at their door.

Well, they could say that. But I have 5+ witnesses that can confirm the car has not been moved since 8am. One of them being my manager who was parked behind me for half the day. And who in the right state of mind would damage his own bumper on a new car to get it repainted, if it was pristine otherwise?

It wouldn't have mattered one way or another if he said, my Russian neighbor, my american neighbor, my mexican neighbor, or my Polynesian neighbor. Identifying that aspect doesn't necessarily mean you're racial profiling. What if the person had been Canadian? Would it be inappropriate to say, My Canadian Neighbor? No. And neither is this inappropriate, IMHO. He didn't use any slang terms, like commie as gireland said, so I think this whole political correctness thing is a little overblown in this case. Voytech, you're obviously right to be angry, and I don't think you're wrong to call him a Russian, since he's Russian. It is what it is.

A Canadian neighbor would have been a gentleman and knocked on your door to apologize. Then when you least expected it, he'd pull your sweater half over your head and proceed to pummel you. Then when you were down and out for the count, he would jump in his car and race for the border, only to stop to check out the deals at the local outlet mall!

Its okay I can say this, I am Canadian! :p

A Canadian neighbor would have been a gentleman and knocked on your door to apologize. Then when you least expected it, he'd pull your sweater half over your head and proceed to pummel you. Then when you were down and out for the count, he would jump in his car and race for the border, only to stop to check out the deals at the local outlet mall!

And quickly rip the price tags off the clothes in the parking lot and proceed to layer up to avoid the Canadian taxes!

Its okay I can say this, I see Canadians in my Buffalo malls all the time! :lol::p

Lmao. I smoke Parliaments! Not hundreds but still. I have no beef with russians in general... well other than the fact that after WW2 they took over Poland. But this family exudes the worst traits that I've come to see from russians in my life. And I did see a lot.

Lmao. I smoke Parliaments! Not hundreds but still. I have no beef with russians in general... well other than the fact that after WW2 they took over Poland. But this family exudes the worst traits that I've come to see from russians in my life. And I did see a lot.

I am with on this one, but it was really uncle Franklin who let uncle Joseph do it.

That's funny, I'm Canadian too! Just happen to live in the US. Was just in Vancouver last weekend and I'm planning a bachelor party on Van Isle near Tofino. Take off, eh? Let's go drink some beers, eh?

Archived