LegacyGT.com

Looking at 06 Legacy GT LTD for wife, need feedback

bklynWRX

Hi, I drive an 06 WRX, we're looking for a more smooth sedan in an auto for my wife to drive our daughter around in and take family trips, etc. I'll probably take it to meetings when my WRX is a little aggressive for the corporate bunch.

Here's what I'm looking at, but based on what I've read here this seems priced maybe 2k high. Overall, a perfect car for us, a reliable version of an A4, stacked on my favorite engine of all time:

2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited

Price: $22,995

Automatic

Atlantic Blue Pearl

29,861K miles

Stock Number: PS7683

VIN: 4S3BL676064200889

Please feed back! We're having a baby in 3 weeks and she needs to get mobile as she can't drive our Ford pickup with the baby and I need the WRX for my commute (heh).

I also just came across this:

Price: $19,411

Automatic

Miles: 18,059

VIN: 4S3BL676164202618

Dare I say here in this forum, I may also look at the 2005 Infiniti G35x, seems like a comparable ride.

Thank you!

I found a black manual transmission with amlost the same mileage with an asking price of $19,977 about 2 weeks ago. I think that your feelings that it is $2K too high is abotu right. Allowing $1000 for the AT over MT pricing, that would have the one that I saw at ~$21K, before any negotiations.

;)Congrats on the baby on the way!

Regarding vehicle choice for your family you should consider an '08 2.5i. I know it's not a turbo but do you need a family sedan with a turbo (maybe you do, thats why I'm asking)? The 2.5i will be just as safe and has better fuel economy. Also consider, depending on your location, that you can get one for invoice before tax and license (refer to this website for info: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2008.html#price). I got mine 2% below invoice without belonging to any program. I know some get even better deals. Not having the turbo may result in a lower ins. too. Plus you get a new car and have the satisfaction of knowing it has not been abused by a previous owner.

Good luck on your hunting.

Thanks that's a good point, but if I was not looking at the Turbo/GT model I probably would be changing to an altogether different car option then, such as one of the smaller new volvos, or a nissan for her.

To play the devils advocate I must add that the Volvo is not AWD, has worse gas mileage, and is more expensive, and from what I remember less seating space. The Altimas, assuming you were referring to these, (just my opinion) are throw away cars. I think the value of the Legacy is truly hard to beat.

However, I do get what you're saying. What is your location? Depending on reigon I'm sure members here woud be happy to help hunt down for you a reasonably priced used LGT.

Laurence

*edit* From your SN I feel I can safely assume you're on the East Coast. Im kinda a dipshit sometimes. I'd check with these guys for good local deals, if you havent already: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Saw that, emailed them, it's gone already. I originally emailed them because the VIN listed was coming back incorrect. That looked nice, although I'd rather drive out to PA or NJ for a suburb driven car than one potentially gutted on the roads of NYC. Thoughts?

Thanks for the tip/lead, I'll give them a call...

The VIN is broken, I tried to check it, but even Subaru parts application won't take it.

Either typo or Canadian car.

I was interested in getting it and converting to MT....

Also:

Check it, this is that wagon you mentioned, saw it under a different dealership's name, same broken VIN: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=230715470&dealer_id=54947641&car_year=2006&num_records=&model=LEGACY&systime=&make2=&start_year=2005&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&search_type=used&distance=50&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&first_record=26&make=SUB&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=17000&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=10314&advanced=&end_year=2008&pager.offset=25&transmission=&doors=&max_price=23000&cardist=16

They said "sold but they have lots of others like it", I brushed it off as a bait and switch.Maybe incorrectly since you say good things about them.

I believe it must have been a mistake. They are very reputable. I believe Howard only deals with new cars, and somebody else does used. If you want to lease he'll even find you a car from a different dealership and give you a good price. Don't be turned off by the used cars there because they are a lot of times purchased at auction and can come from many states. As well as they may be lease returns and what not. Is like picking apples! :)

Also one of the service advisors there drives a nice LGT silver wagon. They are good peeps.

GL

X

---

Automatic

Dare I say here in this forum, I may also look at the 2005 Infiniti G35x, seems like a comparable ride.

Thank you!

That seems much more reasonable than your first find. Good miles, the transmission that you want, and a pretty fair price. You are not stealing it by any means, but it isn't bad.

G35x is a great car with a great engine, but MPG isn't all that hot, andf it has to run premuim (I have had 4 VQ engines, and you really CAN feel the difference between 87/89 and 93). Not that the LGT does not also require premium, but the LGT should see better real world MPG, especially if you stay out of boost in daily driving.

Price: $22,995

Automatic

Atlantic Blue Pearl

29,861K miles

Stock Number: PS7683

VIN: 4S3BL676064200889

Please feed back! We're having a baby in 3 weeks and she needs to get mobile as she can't drive our Ford pickup with the baby and I need the WRX for my commute (heh).

Automatic

I'd recommend the second one. Its new car warranty lasts longer than the first one's and it has quite a few optional accessories whereas the first one is bare.

Archived