LegacyGT.com

Looking at 06 Legacy GT LTD for wife, need feedback

bklynWRX

Automatic, it's for my wife, and I actually enjoy the relaxation of driving in "cruise" mode. A nice break from the concentration my WRX requires of me, you look down at the nav for a second too long and you're off the road.

Oh, and silver/black interior just like yours.

The only thing I don't like is the fake-looking red wood panels on the console. Does anyone make nicer ones that snap in as a replacement? I guess this is a question for another area of the forum.

There was some talk about this before, and what people found is that since alot of the panels are integrated with body panels (ie: pieces on the glove box, door, dash panels) that you would have to replace these pieces in their entirety to go back to say the aluminum looking trim from pre-08.

One option that was explored in that thread was just painting these pieces, seeing as they appear to just be some type of plastic. However, I don't think anyone actually went through with it.

Hope that helps. :)

Yeah that's funny, my wife told me laughing that it was the first thing my wife's mom and her sister mentioned when they saw the car. How "fancy" it looked. Anyways, after commuting for a few days I have to say this car feels every bit as heavy and solid as my Audi did, I'm just amazed at what Subaru is doing.

I guess the best way I can equate it is this...right now if I had unlimited funding I'd be driving an S4 wagon and a 911. I mean, those are my dream cars (attainable dreams I hope). So in the meantime, my suped up WRX and Legacy GT come damn close to that same experience. In fact, on the way home last night my wife and I were starting to wonder whether the German cars are ever going to be worth it, considering how fast Subaru is catching up with the 911/Audi experience with the WRX/STI/and Legend cars, in 5 years when I'm ready for my next 2 cars, can you imagine where Subaru will be with their vehicles? Considering how far they've come in the last 5 years, if they can make the same progress in the next 5-7 I think Porsche/Audi/Volkswagon is going to get a run for their money.

Ladies love the wood trim! ;):dm::lol:

bleh. I hate the wood panel. I was happy mine didn't come with it. instead I have the cheap plastic looking paneling. LOL.

and congrats on the new car purchase. :)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived