LegacyGT.com

Where to dump used motor oil around Norwalk, CT?

spect2k

I recently moved up from NY and in NY you could dump the oil at ANY place that sells it - by law. Here in CT, there is no law and I can't find a single place in my general area where I can dump my used motor oil. Anybody have any tips?

Let it return to the grounds from whence it came...

Storm sewer...we haven't had a good river fire for awhile.

No but in sure you could put it in a container buried shallow and trick your friends...

http://www.dougquick.com/cbs_beverlyhillbilliesbw.JPG

Well, according to a local Norwalk, CT website: http://www.norwalkct.org/dpw/recycle3.htm

Call them, as there are always things they don't tell ya. Here, it has to be in 1 gallon (sealed with tape) clear plastic containers, or they won't take it. Luckily, Kragens out here also takes it for free. Maybe a local auto parts store will also take it for free.

Only costs a buck in your area according to the website. Too bad some of these so called environmental states make everything so difficult. I can recycle 4 gallons every other week where I live with my regular recycle garbage pickup, for free, and that's in California of all places. My parents, who live in a supposedly more environmentally conscious area of California, can't legally have oil picked up where they live, so they either dump it in the regular garbage or take it to Kragens. Honestly, if it wasn't for Kragens and for people having a conscience about the whole thing, most people would dump oil in the garbage like we used to do.

have you tried the Thames River?

lol, believe me, the thought has crossed my mind after all of these phone calls that I have made today trying to find someone to take it.

I found one autozone that will take it but they are full right now and they "don't know when the oil tank is going to be drained". I am trying not to drive far with the messy oil jug, but I am just about to cross the border into NY with my it and dump it at the first place I can find :lol:

Thanks for the site. I also ran across that earlier today in my travels. Unfortunately the dump was closed, so I will have to call tomorrow. It would sure be a lot easier if it were like NY and anywhere that sells it has to take it back. Oh well. Thanks for the help!!

Archived