LegacyGT.com

What Brake Fluid/ Brake Lines/ Rotors are you using?

2006Specb122

FOUR questions:

1. What brake fluid are you using in your LGT?

2. What rotors are you using?

3. What brake lines are you using?

4. Brake Pads?

next week I'll run...

1. Valvoline or ATE Super Blue (not sure yet)

2. stock (for now)

3. stock (for now)

4. Hawk HPS

BTW, how much brake fluid does the 05+ LGT's hold and/ or need for a full flush?

1. What brake fluid are you using in your LGT? - Motul RBF600

2. What rotors are you using? - Stock

3. What brake lines are you using? - StopTech stainless lines

4. Brake Pads? - Carbotech Bobcats for street, Panther XP12(F)/XP8® for track.

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All stock here for now but coming up on 60k and was thinking of upgrading to stainless lines, HPS pads and of course some new fluid (may go with what the shop has on hand here as I have no intention of tracking the car anytime soon).

One question though. Why does Goodridge come with 4 lines while Techna-fit have 6 lines?

Yes, I'm a total brake system noob. Thanks for being kind. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

TO answer the original post, I'm stock all around.

I'm most likely going with:

1. Not sure yet...Dot 3 most likely

2. Stock

3. Goodridge

4. Stock

Once the OEM pads and rotors go I'll think about upgrading them.

From all the information that I've gathered so far, it's critical to NOT use synthetic as it will result in the rubber components to be broken down (according to the dealership if memory serves me right). That being said, what rubber components are in contact with the brake fluid aside from the OEM lines from the wheel well? I'm going to replace the lines so I'm not concerned about that, but I'm sure there are some gaskets/seals that might be affected. Has anyone heard of this?

Motul RBF600 is synthetic and I was planning on going with this, but since the dealership suggested otherwise I might just go with a normal Dot 3 with decent boiling temps.

Can someone please let me know if there is a problem with using synthetic fluid with the stock components (except for the stainless steel lines)?

TIA!

Synthetic will not hurt stock components.

They wanted you to buy OEM from them...

Thanks, I just called the dealership and spoke to someone other than my normal service advise and he informed me that synthetic fluid was acceptable to use in our cars without damage.

Sounds like I need to switch service advisers... :mad:

Archived