LegacyGT.com

Blitz R-vit Ds

Mitch

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, just got an email from the dealer I buy my Blitz product from. He sent me these links for a newer version of the HKS CAMP system, creatively named the HKS CAMP 2. Because the first version was compatible with US cars and screens, its likely the second version will be as well. We'll see.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/90343-hks-camp-2-now-sale.html

http://www.jdm-option.com/pr_HKS/Camp2/

ignore him, he'll go away.

Finally got a hold of Blitz USA on the phone. He said there currently are no plans to offer this product for the US. When I asked about importing one here for use in a US car, he pointed out obvious differences such as NTSC vs PAL video output issues. Crap.

BLITZ USA sound obviously as Clueless as most other USA "official importers"

Japan uses the *identical* NTSC setup the USA does; PAL is UK/Europe

What was this rocket scientists name?

GW

GW

Not sure, whoever answered the toll free number listed on the Blitz US website.

Do you know if the units of measurement can be changed on this unit from metric to standard (mph, psi, *F)?

GW

Score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Well, one step closer, but I still won't import one with the limited info available.

It's our belief from discussion with BLITZ that this is only compatible with Japanese domestic model ECU's

Of course there's nothing stopping them doing their homework and making a USA model; but we won't be supplying or supporting that

Best

GW

• 4 weeks later...

as a fellow member of IWSTI, and because I´m following your discussion, I´ve registered here.

Car:

EDM WRX STI MY06

(almost equal to USDM WRX STI MY07)

In germany, we use PAL, you in the US and in Japan use NTSC

this vid shows my car, a no-name tft and the blitz r-vit ds

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOqO7uK83Cs]YouTube - blitz r-vit ds[/ame]

Our EDM ecu is different to JDM and slightly different to USDM

I can´t use some specifics like injector fuel trace, or afr graph, or fan control, but most of them work

It´s my honest opinion that the blitz will work with the USDM-ecu.

Good night (it´s half past eleven PM in germany:lol: )

the camp 2 requires a lot of xtra's for the full benefit

No it doesn't. It has an optional sensor bus to add additional sensors for data not handled by the ECU in your particular application.

No it doesn't. It has an optional sensor bus to add additional sensors for data not handled by the ECU in your particular application.

if you look at the link i posted, things like a/f, boost, oil etc require additional sensors and i/f harness

if you look at the link i posted, things like a/f, boost, oil etc require additional sensors and i/f harness

I've been researching it for quite some time, I know what I need to make it work. No OBDII data reader will give you A/F unless the car's O2 sensor is wideband by default. Boost, is ECU dependent. Our ECU reports boost via the OBDII port which is why its also available to things like the V1 and V2 Access Ports as well as the CAMP2 system. Oil pressure and temp again are ECU dependent and are vary rarely part of OBDII data and would require aftermarket sensors. Its a positive aspect of the CAMP2 system that these sensors can be added on if the end user desires that data and prevents a limitation to the product.

My point, personally, I don't consider those add-on sensors as "a lot of extras" nor do I consider their absence preventing someone from getting the "full benefit" of this product. In its basic form, it provides no more or less data than any of the other ODBII data readers (which the obvious exception of error codes, a non-issue for me) but it does offer a cost effective solution to those with existing video screens looking for an attractive, and intuitive means in displaying ECU info.

• 3 weeks later...

Read this on another forum:

"Blitz will be in fact releasing this product in the US. They are wrapping up R&D on the unit in the next month of so & hopefully by summer it will be released in the US. The current version will only work on Japan-spec cars."

Archived