LegacyGT.com

First Snow Day of the Year!

Underdog

Guest heightsgtltd
My fiance' had to go in today... even with michelin x-ice tires on her yaris, i think its going to be a tough drive...

You really shouldn't talk about your girlfriend's yaris on a public forum :p

Are those X-ice's shaved? :lol:

So far 3 of the 5 people who work for me have emailed to say they're working from home today, and I expect at least one, if not both, of the others to do the same, so I'm torn right now about heading in or not - I figure there should probably be *some* representation from my team today, and I do have those new Blizzaks... decisions, decisions. (I only live 15 minutes from work on surface streets under normal conditions.)

-Coelli

My wife had to work today(hospital worker) with her 40 mins on a good day commute. She managed 50 mins using pure backroads.

She felt much better about our recent $700 hole in our account when we I got a new set of Nokian WR G2's to replace 40k RE92's. No slippage whatsoever. Just nervous still about driving since our babies were in car.

Work is never canceled for me. 100% telecommuter here who has never met team members nor manager in person.....

Guest heightsgtltd
So I did go in after all - Blizzaks ftw, what a massive degree of difference between them and the RE92s! It's pretty nasty out there though, for sure.

-Meghan

Krispy Kreme cake donuts would be better than the RE92s in the weather you are describing :lol:

the only time i enjoy working from home is when it snows....otherwise the isolation from working from home sucks

I hear you - I work with too many teams across the company and we often have to make decisions on the fly that involve a lot of people, so I'd rather be in the office even though technically, there's not much I can't do from home with VPN and Remote Desktop. I'd just rather be here. :) Besides, there's good coffee!

-Coelli

Krispy Kreme cake donuts would be better than the RE92s in the weather you are describing :lol:

I spun out once last year and once this year on the RE92s. AWD doesn't help if there's no traction (though I thank it for making the spinouts easier to recover from). The car would do fine in 6" of snow but on slush or ice, forget it - it was all over the place. The LGT is the only car I've ever spun out in, and I commuted from Worcester to Westwood and back every day during the winter of '05 with no problems in a FWD car on all-seasons with no problem - and I lived on an insanely steep hill at the time. :p

Within 1/2 a mile of driving away on the Blizzaks I decided I'm now on the "RE92s suck in the winter" side of the fence. This morning I could really feel the AWD working the way it's supposed to :)

-Meghan

Uh, I think good ole MA learned their lesson and got the plows and sanders out early. It was slow this AM on the commute and my normal hour maybe took an hour and a half. It was a bit slippery here and there but, no match for Symetrical AWD. I can see 128 / 95 from my office and traffice is moving pretty well.

'Course, going home 3 weeks ago took 5 hours... But, not because of my car.

the only time i enjoy working from home is when it snows....otherwise the isolation from working from home sucks

It does at times however beats the commute of 2000 miles (Southern NH->Austin TX).......

Archived