LegacyGT.com

11" @ Vail...

leftride

I left home at 7:20 thinking about Vail but I-70 WB was a parking lot from mile post 253. I took of the I-70 and went to Breck through 285. It was a good day... Tomorrow? Maybe stay home and enjoy the Colts-Chargers game...
From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

Flying out with my wife and a couple of friends. I'm so outta shape, let alone ski shape, I fear for my life on this vacation.

a lot of people dont stretch before going up on the hill and get cramps

stretch first. especially your legs

a lot of people dont stretch before going up on the hill and get cramps

stretch first. especially your legs

It's not the cramps. It's the dying on the hill thing when my legs collapse beneath me at 10 am on the first day of skiing. I'm an old f*ing man. :lol:

It's invariably the same pattern on these trips. I'm usually done skiing the first day at 2 pm (once at lunch). The next day I'm tired but ski until lifts close. By the third and fourth day I have my legs back and I'm wondering why I don't pop for a 10 or 14 day ski vacation.

lol

good snow yesterday, however i snowboard and those catwalks to get to the back bowls are KILLER on my feet - my only gripe about vail.

other than that, got about 6 runs in, just played in the bowls and trees all day which was nice and powder. hit my first cliff on "Dragon's teeth", that was pretty crazy bout 15' of a drop. went back and switch 180 nose-grabbed it the next run, then the next run tried to 360 it and def tumbled down the rest of the bowl. so i called it quits on tricks after that one. :)

traffic was a bitch coming home. took about 2.5 hours to get from vail to the golden (route 6) exit which i took back to boulder.

brian

lol

good snow yesterday, however i snowboard and those catwalks to get to the back bowls are KILLER on my feet - my only gripe about vail.

trying to get around on a snowboard in deep powder is the main reason I went back to skiing after snowboarding for ~15 years.

trying to get around on a snowboard in deep powder is the main reason I went back to skiing after snowboarding for ~15 years.

never tried to ski before, but yea deep powder and no inclines are a disaster on my feet.

however, after riding all day then a long walk back to the car, it's heaven to take the boots off and put on some untied stinky sneakers :)

brian

never tried to ski before, but yea deep powder and no inclines are a disaster on my feet.

however, after riding all day then a long walk back to the car, it's heaven to take the boots off and put on some untied stinky sneakers :)

In the two times my wife and I went to Vail, I became very popular with the ladies by skating on my skis and letting my wife hold onto my poles to get her over the flat areas. Many girlfriends and wives came over to me or poked their respective partners with the "why can't you do that?" Might be a good way to pick up ski bunnies. ;)

^^ haha, anytime i'm with a skier, their job is to tow all of us snowboarders.... i'm sure every guy HATED you after their girl saw you pulling your woman around. :)

maybe i should pick up a pole, i have no problem pushing with my leg (used to skateboard for about 11 years), however that would be super pimp to tow some hot snowboarder chick - plus the catwalks are long enough that you'll engage in a good conversation. :)

brian

lol

good snow yesterday, however i snowboard and those catwalks to get to the back bowls are KILLER on my feet - my only gripe about vail..

There are a lot of ways to avoid the Vail catwalks... I'm a boarder of 20 years out here and have dialed it in. I was at Vail Thurs, Fri & Sat... just awesome snow there, Sat got a little crowded from my liking but it was super fresh from first chair to about noon.

After three days of riding we called it an early day on Saturday, left around 1pm and made it back to Boulder by 3pm

Do you have custom footbeds in your boots? Those help out so much in terms of comfort and boot fit. Larry's Boot Shop in town (on Spruce behind the Salvggio's on 28th & Pearl) is the place to go. Larry is a fricken foot genius.

Archived