LegacyGT.com

11" @ Vail...

leftride

There are a lot of ways to avoid the Vail catwalks... I'm a boarder of 20 years out here and have dialed it in. I was at Vail Thurs, Fri & Sat... just awesome snow there, Sat got a little crowded from my liking but it was super fresh from first chair to about noon.

After three days of riding we called it an early day on Saturday, left around 1pm and made it back to Boulder by 3pm

Do you have custom footbeds in your boots? Those help out so much in terms of comfort and boot fit. Larry's Boot Shop in town (on Spruce behind the Salvggio's on 28th & Pearl) is the place to go. Larry is a fricken foot genius.

thanks!!! i think i need to get new boots, i got burton mission bindings with teh toe strap to help out..

oh salvaggio's.... droooool

brian

trying to get around on a snowboard in deep powder is the main reason I went back to skiing after snowboarding for ~15 years.

Ahhh, c'mon Leftride. That's why you only hit the blacks. Besides most days aren't powder days. On powder days, I just ride someone elses line in the flats. Only time I get stuck is if I unwisely hit flat powder.

I left home at 7:20 thinking about Vail but I-70 WB was a parking lot from mile post 253. I took of the I-70 and went to Breck through 285. It was a good day... Tomorrow? Maybe stay home and enjoy the Colts-Chargers game...

Btw, the next day (Sunday, 1/13) was great. I did a Burton demo day at Copper. New boards were nice to ride, but I couldn't tell a big diff b/w the Love and the x8. Anyway, there was no more than about 10 min. added either way b/c of traffic. Not bad.

^^ haha, anytime i'm with a skier, their job is to tow all of us snowboarders.... i'm sure every guy HATED you after their girl saw you pulling your woman around. :)

maybe i should pick up a pole, i have no problem pushing with my leg (used to skateboard for about 11 years), however that would be super pimp to tow some hot snowboarder chick - plus the catwalks are long enough that you'll engage in a good conversation. :)

But if you're w/ a chica on the slopes, she's usually you're girl. Bsdzine, you're prolly a light mo fo to tow anyway.

Ahhh, c'mon Leftride. That's why you only hit the blacks. Besides most days aren't powder days. On powder days, I just ride someone elses line in the flats. Only time I get stuck is if I unwisely hit flat powder.

sorry, I was talking about backcountry stuff. Trying to skate out of an area with waist deep powder wasn't fun for me. Plus getting around on skins is way better than snow shoes.

I'm not knockin the board though, I kinda missed it with this last Vail day.

hell man, it's all fun.

breck this weekend!

But if you're w/ a chica on the slopes, she's usually you're girl. Bsdzine, you're prolly a light mo fo to tow anyway.

you calling me skinny!?!?:lol::lol::lol: yea, noone ever really complains having to tow me. one of these days i'll get my beer gut - i'm trying, trust me! :lol:

brian

Archived