LegacyGT.com

Suprise from Subaru at the Detroit Auto Show??

oddseth

I posted this on the 09' Forrester discussion forum, but Jalopnik's inside scoop on the Detroit Auto Show seems to think that Subaru has something interesting up their sleeves for the show besides the new Forrester:

http://jalopnik.com/343805/jalopniks-official-2008-detroit-auto-show-cheat-sheet

Subaru

Press Conference: Sunday, 2:55 - 3:20 AM

The Scoop: In addition to the new 2009 Subaru Forester, we're hearing the boys in blue have something else up their collective sleeves. Perhaps it's a 2009 Subaru Forester STI?

Could this be the new Forrester STI? Could it be an announcement to bring the Legacy tuned by STI to the states for late 08/09? Who knows, but we shall see on Sunday when they have their press conference. What do you guys think? Do any members have any insider information?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely we would have seen spy shots by now, no? No way is something that juicy sitting in an Indiana plant without someone snapping a cell phone picture or two.

Sorry, Hyundai gets the debut crown for this Auto show.

Surely we would have seen spy shots by now, no? No way is something that juicy sitting in an Indiana plant without someone snapping a cell phone picture or two.

Sorry, Hyundai gets the debut crown for this Auto show.

Who says it has to be at the Indiana plant? If its just a prototype, concept or pre-production model, it could have been assembled in Japan.

Probably will be something about 40th anniversary in the U.S.

Probably glorified Outback or so.

At best Legacy tuned by STI and/or Outback tuned by STI.

Could be the Legacy S. but I am not holding my breath. I doubt it is something completely new, as Japan would have been shown first. Our Legacy is a year behind JDM anyway.

Could be something else. Urban Outback trim or something. Outback Sport Impreza, or some other worthless thing.

Could be nearly nothing. But I will keep my eyes open.

Perhaps a 'tuned by sti' leggy with a 40th anniversary theme. The anniversary badge should add an extra 2K to the price tag.

On the contrary. They offer rebates with their anniversery editions.

Exiga. Or an annoucement that they are leaving the States.

Archived