LegacyGT.com

Got My First Ticket in the LGT... Guess what for?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WTF. This thread makes me angry. Inside.

Just imagine how much harsher the fine would have been if you'd been in an 06 Spec.B. You probably wouldn't have been able to control all that cherry picked power. :rolleyes:

It makes me angry inside too! Can you tell by my OP?

And :lol: at the Spec-B!!

I know what i would have done.

I would have said you need to stop this insanity right....MEOW!!!!!

SuperTrooper FTW! Dude, this guy was seriously like one of those cops. I really thought it was a joke! :lol:

Your story reminds me of the guy going 75 Mph in a 55 when he passes a radar cop on an overpass. Sure enough, the cop pulls him over for speeding. After asking for license and registration, the cop asks: "Why were you speeding?"

The driver replied: "I was late for work."

Cop: "What do you do for a living?"

Driver: "I'm a rectal stretcher."

"What?"

"A rectal stretcher. See, if you start out with one finger, then two followed by your entire hand, you can stretch a rectum up to almost 6 feet"

The cop asked: "What would anyone do with a six foot ass- - - -?"

The driver replied: "Give him a radar gun and place him on an overpass...."

PBA card.... Police Benovolence Association.....????? maybe...

I've heard about police benevolence cards... but I really don't think they hand them out to friends. I think you need to know someone pretty high up, or be someone high up yourself to get one (like Jay Leno with his 500 cars so he can drive them like they are meant to be driven)

Ok next time you need the "PIG" for someone kicking your arse. Call someone else.

Lol it would probably be the PIGs doing it if anybody, so ya he probably would need to call someone else. I hate PIGs as defined by the OP. Definitely seems like there are a lot more PIGs than their are police officers these days. In denver with all of the 'legal' killing the police do, I'm a lot more concerned about the police killing me than I am a thug. Just my .02, hell whenever I get pulled over these days I wonder if it will be the last thing I ever do.

That's some BS Ticket....

How the hell you supposed to accelerate from the light?!

Speed Limit Citation, I'd understand but Acceleration Citation?

That's BULL!!

If it says it's a warning, than you might not even have to pay, but I would check with the officials.

Good Lucks!

The court house told me to call the registry to see if a fine was assessed.

The police station told me to call back on Thursday when the cop was working to ask. :rolleyes:

I think I'll just call the registry ;)

Oh, and regarding the ticket being filled out incorrectly, not only did he check WARNING instead of CIVIL INFRACTION, he also filled in an incorrect time. 1902 = 7:02PM... it was 6:02PM buddy ;)

Obviously not as big a thing as the WARNING box, but still. :)

Inaccuracies on a ticket can be corrected by the officer/court of you bring it to their attention.

If the inaccuracy is significant, and the officer does not have clear memory of the incident and testifies from his copy the ticket (ie repeats the inaccuracy in court) then you may be able to cast doubt in that manner. Some people will try to get the officer to testify from teh ticket and then say; "Well you said my car was white but it's actually black - are you sure you have the correct person?" But at the end of the day you can't perjur yourself so you can't deny that it was you pulled over if asked - nor can you outright say you weren't pulled over.

Now, as to the warning checkbox. I can only assume that he gave you a warning, not a citation. Lucky you. Take this as your warning to slow down. The citation says, in writing, that no action is required - so do what it says. If they catch up with you or send you a nastygram then you have the written warning in your hand to prove that you were not ticketed. I would assume the $50 is written there as a warning of how much you would have paid IF he had given you an actual citation.

If he gave you a citation then you would not treat it as a warning... So why treat a warning as a citation? Trust the officer to have done his job correctly, they are very highly trained individual who know the law and would not make silly mistakes. The officer obviously intended to give you a warning - otherwise he would have checked the citation box, no? :) Remember that wording for in case you are called to asnwer for not treating it as a citation.

Take this as your warning to slow down.

I wasn't going fast though...even the cop said I wasn't speeding. If I was, I would accept responsibility and grin and bear it. When I do speed, I do so knowing the consequences. :)

The citation says, in writing, that no action is required - so do what it says. If they catch up with you or send you a nastygram then you have the written warning in your hand to prove that you were not ticketed.

That might work...until I get pulled over for not having a license for failure to show up to or pay a traffic violation. If this did happen, I WOULD take responsibility for not checking just to be sure. While I could do that, personally I'd rather not chance it.

I would assume the $50 is written there as a warning of how much you would have paid IF he had given you an actual citation. The officer obviously intended to give you a warning - otherwise he would have checked the citation box, no? :) Remember that wording for in case you are called to asnwer for not treating it as a citation.

That's what I reasoned too, but the cop did say "you have 4 days to appeal and 20 days to pay" before he rudely walked away. The police department and the courts both didn't know what to tell me on that one. Again, I'll just check with the registry to be sure. ;)

And trust me, I'm gonna try to catch him on his mistakes in filling out the citation. Not only that, but the ordinance they cited doesn't even really apply to the situation. :iam:

:D

:lol: at doesn't even have a chin pube,

You know, the ticket might not even be valid if the officer didn't have his cop mustache.

Tip for dealing with the judge: When he looks at your ticket and asks what a Legacy is, just tell him it's a slow, boring car like a Camry.

if it makes a difference. some tsx thought he was gonna race me till he saw the cop. i saw him from the get go so i let him go. it was a 35 and i slowly passed him doing 50. of course he punked out.

nothing happened.

another time too i passed someone doing 45 in a 35 and a cop was going the other way. the big lifted truck little penis guy called me a fa**ot as i drove by.

nothing happened.

couple weeks ago i rolled up to a cop doing 60 in a 45 and i slowed of course and coasted the same speed coming in.

nothing happened.

but...i would have never changed lanes to do what you did. every time i see people do that it's to "race" across the intersection.

imo, you need to quite crying and take it for a punk ticket. technically he could have gotten you for racing.

fwiw...i take my speeding tickets and have no ill towards the cops. you have to accept responsibility and no amount of rationalizing will change what you did.

This is from my experience, so fwiw:

The traffic courts are so jam packed with cases that efficiency is their main goal. They call your case, you stand up, they already have a pre-fab boilerplate settlement for all cases that fit certain parameters, they'll rush you into an answer, and 20 seconds later you pled no-contest to a lesser charge with no points and half the fine. Approximate truth is what the courts like that value - not real truth. It's expensive and time-consuming to tool around with every traffic case, so they really will whip you through it. In a speeding ticket for me where I was actually NOT speeding the judge actually said to me "your fine goes up $1 for every second you make me wait for your answer." I decided very quickly to take the 0-point reduced fine.

Did he give you the envelope? Envelope = all civil infractions, no envelope = warning, this will indicate what he meant to do. If it says warning though the registry should treat it as a warning. I would also ask the court if the FGO is even applicable to the registry, this sounds like a civil fine more like a parking ticket to me.

some tsx thought he was gonna race me till he saw the cop. i saw him from the get go so i let him go. it was a 35 and i slowly passed him doing 50. of course he punked out.

nothing happened.

:confused:

another time too i passed someone doing 45 in a 35 and a cop was going the other way. the big lifted truck little penis guy called me a fa**ot as i drove by.

nothing happened.

couple weeks ago i rolled up to a cop doing 60 in a 45 and i slowed of course and coasted the same speed coming in.

nothing happened.

I'm not quite sure what to take from those stories? :iam:

Seriously though, I really don't see how any of those compare to what happened to me. Those sound more like race stories to me. :confused:

but...i would have never changed lanes to do what you did. every time i see people do that it's to "race" across the intersection.

Do what I did... what's that? Merge out of and into traffic, like the designated lanes are supposed to be used to keep the flow of traffic in that commercial area?

imo, you need to quite crying and take it for a punk ticket. technically he could have gotten you for racing.

Racing... now you sound like the cop (and you spell like him)!! ;)

Like I also said there was no mashing of the gas, nor did the car ever go over 3200RPM maybe. I'll forgive that with the spelling. ;)

fwiw...i take my speeding tickets and have no ill towards the cops. you have to accept responsibility and no amount of rationalizing will change what you did.

Dude... it wasn't a speeding ticket! :confused:

And how many times in this thread have I said I HAVE NO PROBLEM ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THINGS I DO.

Well, it may when I tell the judge. :D

Archived