LegacyGT.com

Got My First Ticket in the LGT... Guess what for?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did he give you the envelope? Envelope = all civil infractions, no envelope = warning, this will indicate what he meant to do. If it says warning though the registry should treat it as a warning. I would also ask the court if the FGO is even applicable to the registry, this sounds like a civil fine more like a parking ticket to me.

I got an envelope... I really think his intention was to ticket me. The guy was mad at life! I think he just made a rookie mistake. Hopefully it helps me in court! :)

if it makes a difference. some tsx thought he was gonna race me till he saw the cop. i saw him from the get go so i let him go. it was a 35 and i slowly passed him doing 50. of course he punked out.

nothing happened.

another time too i passed someone doing 45 in a 35 and a cop was going the other way. the big lifted truck little penis guy called me a fa**ot as i drove by.

nothing happened.

couple weeks ago i rolled up to a cop doing 60 in a 45 and i slowed of course and coasted the same speed coming in.

nothing happened.

but...i would have never changed lanes to do what you did. every time i see people do that it's to "race" across the intersection.

imo, you need to quite crying and take it for a punk ticket. technically he could have gotten you for racing.

fwiw...i take my speeding tickets and have no ill towards the cops. you have to accept responsibility and no amount of rationalizing will change what you did.

So you'll illegally speed while cops are around and pass people doing 15mph over. :confused: Sounds like you should be getting tickets if anybody on this thread. I love how self-righteous you came accross in your post. You crack me up.

I don't have to worry about your problem....I don't think the 2.5NA is capable of accelerating too quickly.

According to the thread, "show of speed" is not about how fast you are actually going, just how fast it looks like you want to go! If the officer thought he was looking at two camrys starting at a green light, then it looked like a show of speed, even though the OP was not really on it much. Had you been there in your 2.5NA, and accelerated an equal amount, which might be possible if the op is being truthful here, and I have no reason to suspect he isn't... the 2.5na would get the same ticket.

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

So you'll illegally speed while cops are around and pass people doing 15mph over. :confused: Sounds like you should be getting tickets if anybody on this thread. I love how self-righteous you came across in your post. You crack me up.

naw...what happened to the op was racing. the cops have every right to pull me over and i never have complained. i just pay the ticket. i accept my responsibility for my actions. i think its called being a man.

my other stuff was pointing how lucky as hell i am. but should i have gotten a ticket for any of those instances, i wouldn't complain like a little girl about it. i would just pay the ticket.

btw, i wouldn't pass a cop doing 15 over. i have had a cop tailgate me in the rain doing 72. when i changed lanes they sped by.

they do retarded stuff to. i can see a light from my window and one was already half way making the turn when the red light turned green. in a sense, i could easily record that stuff and bust their donkey.

btw, i am THE slowest driver in parking lots and neighborhoods. interstates and highways are fair game imo. within reason of course. this morning at 545 am i was cruising at 90 on a pretty empty road. everyone has peeves about driving. mine so happens it's not about "Speeding". imo our speed laws are too slow.

I don't have to worry about your problem....I don't think the 2.5NA is capable of accelerating too quickly.

he was racing and is complaining that he didn't get busted for it. instead of that "bogus" charge.

i would LOVE to see him go to court and challenge it. and try to explain why he changed lanes then "passed" the other car. that's a joke man.

he was racing and is complaining that he didn't get busted for it. instead of that "bogus" charge.

i would LOVE to see him go to court and challenge it. and try to explain why he changed lanes then "passed" the other car. that's a joke man.

:rolleyes:

Dude... your ridiculous. If I was racing I'd have been going 60+ in 1000ft. :lol: Get over yourself.

And I am going to challenge it and should win hands down.

Free driver's ed course: I changed lanes because with a line of traffic behind me in 6:00 traffic, when a road splits into 2 lanes (with the right being a RIGHT/STRAIGHT lane) and back into one, it's to help the flow of traffic in a condensed area, and both lanes are supposed to be used. Which is exactly what I did. And I was actually in the merge-to lane, and the non-turning lane, so again you need to understand traffic and the operation of motor vehicles. ;)

My point was that if you're going into traffic court thinking they care about who's right and what's just, you're mistaken. They want to get cases off the docket. The fact that you're even present will likely get them to offer their boilerplate default plea bargain, and you're best to just accept it.

All the same, I wish you the best of luck.

naw...what happened to the op was racing. the cops have every right to pull me over and i never have complained. i just pay the ticket. i accept my responsibility for my actions. i think its called being a man.

my other stuff was pointing how lucky as hell i am. but should i have gotten a ticket for any of those instances, i wouldn't complain like a little girl about it. i would just pay the ticket.

btw, i wouldn't pass a cop doing 15 over. i have had a cop tailgate me in the rain doing 72. when i changed lanes they sped by.

they do retarded stuff to. i can see a light from my window and one was already half way making the turn when the red light turned green. in a sense, i could easily record that stuff and bust their donkey.

btw, i am THE slowest driver in parking lots and neighborhoods. interstates and highways are fair game imo. within reason of course. this morning at 545 am i was cruising at 90 on a pretty empty road. everyone has peeves about driving. mine so happens it's not about "Speeding". imo our speed laws are too slow.

What happened to the op is he legally used a lane that opened up at a light into two lanes. Line of traffic in one lane, he didn't speed, he didn't burn out, but he intended to move over since there was room in the open lane, that was ending a little ways after the intersection. If the lane isn't used to free up traffic then it should be a turn lane only. He was not racing, what he did was legal.

You are so bent on sticking up for the police and insisting the OP is a "little girl" for getting a bs ticket from a po-po who had nothing better to do. Get off your soap box, :lol: be a man... Wait till you get a ticket doing 90 on that empty road where the speed limit is probably 45mph. You are waiting to get a ticket or your license revoked for trying to race a tsx and doing major over the speed limit. I know you won't complain about having to take RTD to work when you lose your license. :redface: I'm not looking to engage in a flame war, but seriously if I were you I would slow down and stop watching fast and the furious before you get into some major trouble with the 5.0.

Sounds like a BS ticket to me. Fight it. It costs you time. If you are guilty pay the ticket and move on. If you are not guilty then no insurance issues at this time, good for you and move on. I do mean that in a non prick way.

I do lots of highway driving and have had a bunch of tickets over the years. I fight them all and have done well with it. Yes it costs time and money ... but a lot less than the increased insurance.

I'm certainly NOT condoning driving like an idiot. Most of my tickets over the last 3-4 years were the equivalent of 20 MPH over on a deserted highway.

Tommy - my sediments exactly! :D

Fonts - definitely fighting it. They said because it's a "town ordinance" it "might" not go as a moving violation even if I were to have it stay on my record, but it would depend how bad my driving record was. First off this seems like a kind of wishy washy rule to me to begin with, but worst case scenario it can only work for me seeing my driving record is next to perfect. (Especially seeing I just turned 25 which in Mass merits a points drop on your license/insurance.) Really though, I am a responsible driver that pays next to nothing for insurance because of it.

What happened to the op is he legally used a lane that opened up at a light into two lanes. Line of traffic in one lane, he didn't speed, he didn't burn out, but he intended to move over since there was room in the open lane, that was ending a little ways after the intersection. If the lane isn't used to free up traffic then it should be a turn lane only. He was not racing, what he did was legal.

You are so bent on sticking up for the police and insisting the OP is a "little girl" for getting a bs ticket from a po-po who had nothing better to do. Get off your soap box, :lol: be a man... Wait till you get a ticket doing 90 on that empty road where the speed limit is probably 45mph. You are waiting to get a ticket or your license revoked for trying to race a tsx and doing major over the speed limit. I know you won't complain about having to take RTD to work when you lose your license. :redface: I'm not looking to engage in a flame war, but seriously if I were you I would slow down and stop watching fast and the furious before you get into some major trouble with the 5.0.

meh. take your chance anytime you speed, run a red light, race, drink and drive, lane change without signal, failing to yield, cutting people off. etc...

ask why half the people here wreck their car.

meh. take your chance anytime you speed, run a red light, race, drink and drive, lane change without signal, failing to yield, cutting people off. etc...

ask why half the people here wreck their car.

wow Richard, you're really being unreasonable. You make me laugh. Why do you even own a turbocharged car??

wow Richard, you're really being unreasonable. You make me laugh. Why do you even own a turbocharged car??

what? what does a turbo have to do with anything? there are equal or even higher performing cars in this price range.

one can speed in any car. whether 3 cylinders or 16.

why are people posting and crying about the cops doing their job?

accept responsibility...i have never complained about being pulled over and i never will either if i am doing something wrong or right.

what do people want? sympathy? no any here. don't like my opinion? too fricken bad...i don't like the whining and crying in this post. don't get the reaction you wanted? too bad. you whined on a public forum where the whole internet can find it. i'm not feeding the woe is me post with sympathy. personally i don't care to hear it same as you may not want me to speak my mind.

point...don't like my reply don't post a statement and expect sympathy.

I think the point here is that sometimes, whether you like it or not Richard, there are bogus tickets. Sometimes, people can be on power trips. We all know there are bogus tickets handed out here and there. The op feels that this was one of them. :) That's all. He never said, "Guys, please give me sympathy, please make me feel better." He said he felt he was wronged. You can't really argue how he feels about it can you? You don't need to jump down his throat because of it. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but you know what? You tend be abrasive in your posts and not everyone else is used to it. :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

why are people posting and crying about the cops doing their job?

accept responsibility...i have never complained about being pulled over and i never will either if i am doing something wrong or right.

what do people want? sympathy? no any here. don't like my opinion? too fricken bad...i don't like the whining and crying in this post. don't get the reaction you wanted? too bad. you whined on a public forum where the whole internet can find it. i'm not feeding the woe is me post with sympathy. personally i don't care to hear it same as you may not want me to speak my mind.

point...don't like my reply don't post a statement and expect sympathy.

You must be one of those naive citizens that believe police never do wrong, whatever you are entitled to believe the law does no wrong. :rolleyes: Its funny to me, you won't complain in the incident you get wrongfully accused of doing 90 in a 45 for example by a cop but you will complain about a guy posting about his predicament in which he didn't break the law. Ironic.

Archived