LegacyGT.com

I hate frameless windows

I really wish I had framed windows this morning. We're getting rain and winds up to 60 mph. With a crosswind from the passenger side and driving at highway speeds, my driver window kept pulling away from the seal. It was moving about 1/4-3/8" at the top of the B pillar. It's effing annoying to have to hear this for 40 minutes straight. :mad: Kept having to draft off of other vehicles to stop this from happening. Times like this I wish I had framed windows.

I have never had any issues even in big wind, and i love the slick look of frameless windows. Its one of those liitle touchs that make the legacy more than just some car that gets me from point a to point b as people like to say.

i dont have a problem either...they suck up in pretty tight...we drove through fairplay on our way to durango the other night and had some strong crosswinds and didn't get any noise and we were crusin about 70.

I've never had a sealing issues with my windows. And I love the way frameless windows look on our ride, its a rare feature. Took me a minute to get used to but I like it, I suppse if I had any leaking issues I wouldn't be quite the fan I am.

I really wish I had framed windows this morning. We're getting rain and winds up to 60 mph. With a crosswind from the passenger side and driving at highway speeds, my driver window kept pulling away from the seal. It was moving about 1/4-3/8" at the top of the B pillar. It's effing annoying to have to hear this for 40 minutes straight. :mad: Kept having to draft off of other vehicles to stop this from happening. Times like this I wish I had framed windows.

That is one thing I really don't miss about the Legacy. We get plenty of wind in South Dakota and Wyoming, and the noise in the car was highly annoying.:mad:

Or when you roll your window down and a small badger attacks you from a bush next to the McDonalds that you trying to get food at but you understand the hispanic guy working the mic. I dont hate hispanics but those ******* Badgers

I had that issue in a really heavy crosswind but I've also had that same noise problem in cars with framed windows as well.

Or when you roll your window down and a small badger attacks you from a bush next to the McDonalds that you trying to get food at but you understand the hispanic guy working the mic. I dont hate hispanics but those ******* Badgers

Ya. I hate when that happens.

You think you have issues. My last car(saturn sc2) had frameless windows and used to leak every time it rained.. I had to flip the seat forward so the drip would land on the back of the seat(two door). This way I wouldnt have to ride home with a wet ass.. I also carried two very large towels around. So far the Legacy seems fine.. :lol:

The Only time I've had this problem was cruising down the highway 85+ with a pretty gusty crosswind. And it's only my drivers window.

Do I go to the dealership and tell them to fix it? How would the road test work on that!?

Subaru Dealer - "Well, Mr. John, we took her out on the highway up to 70, and no noise. She's fixed"

Me - "Um, no. Let me show you. Hold on." :eek:

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

love frame less windows as well... There is just a cool feeling when opening and closing the door w/ the window down....but yes it does suck when you get drip drip on ya after a drive through but then again that can happen in any car that I can remember..

Frameless looks so awsome, especially on a sedan, very unusual, that's one of the few things about the new impreza, they have window frames, and it, just defeats the point of it being a subaru. The who frameless window thing is part of what makes subarus their own style along with the boxy exterior design of the vehicles. And who ever had the saturn, well it's an american car, what do you expect, they fall apart and lack quality these days, not like the old fashioned american cars.

Archived